Register now to get rid of these ads!

Build a shine runner tribute

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by purecountry, Mar 8, 2009.

1. k9racer

k9racer

If you want to see some real trip cars come to the Moonshine Festival in Dawsonville Ga in the fall. You can talk to some real drivers that did this for a living. Charley Padget has his 39 Ford 2 dr sedan at this show. He hauled in 1 and 5 gallon steel cans put in a pouch called a sleeve, Usually the load was 90 to 100 gallons. This car was and is stock looking with quite pipes. The mill is 3 3/8 with a 4 1/8 stroke 2 carbs. He perfered sedans as you could place the load to handle better.. Now we know this as polar moment... Some trip cars were late model Cad and olds with good looking women driving them. any car was used that would blend in with traffic

2. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

:rolleyes: 75 years old and messing with that crap, my first thought was what an idiot :D:D

If they lock him up and throw away the key at least he won't have to worry about retirement :D

And someone with some integrity and far more deserving can own that nice 40.
    I'd keep my eyes open for it in a police auction, I know that they seize and sell off what they consider to be assets gained by criminal activity.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2015