Register now to get rid of these ads!

Build a nice work table for $30.00 (HVAC folks only).

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by manicmechanic, Oct 13, 2008.

1. manicmechanic

manicmechanic

I built this table from a Carrier condensing unit. The top is 12ga galvanize I had broke-up at work. The only thing I had to buy was the wheels $30.00 at the metal scrap yard. I have built other tables too From McQuay & York air cooled condensers or condensing units. Once you strip out the condenser coil the frame work can be cut down, or used as is to make a very sturdy table. The fame work is generally 16ga or 14ga, and the manufacture has put all the engineering in it to make a sturdy box. All you have to do is rework that box a little.

Attached Files:

2. dirtbag13

dirtbag13

damn , now i gotta go dig through our junk pile of condemed units , good idea ,not sure i come across many with that tall of legs though !

3. mottsrods

mottsrods

I made one out of an old Chrysler roof top unit from a church. I replaced the unit for them and redone some duct work too. I replaced 3 old with one new....technology huh. After I gutted the Chrysler unit, put a 3/8 steel top on it, the table weighed over 600 lbs. But it so more sturdy than a brick wall.