Register now to get rid of these ads!

Buick Transmission adapters?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by TRAVEZ, Mar 31, 2006.

1. TRAVEZ

TRAVEZ

hey guys. i gotta a question. i'm thinking about buying a transmission adapter for my 55 buick. i want to keep the original 322 in my car but i hate the dynaslow thats in it. i have a friend that wants to sell me an adapter for dirt cheap. he had bought it for a 63-64 riviera and i think his car had the larger nailhead in it. does anyone now if these kinds of 63-64 adapter will fit the smaller 322 motor?

thanks,
    T

2. I'm pretty sure the '55 322 and 63-64 are different. The bigger cars had 401 or 425's in 'em in 63-64. Not sure if the small block nail head in the Skylark and Le Sabre had the same bell housing pattern as the 322 but I dought it. One good thing about the HAMB is if I'm wrong I'm about to find out really fast.

Hey, if it's dirt cheap get anyway and re-sell it here. I'd be interested in it myself ,(especially for dirt cheap) for a 63 Wildcat 401 I hope to get my hands on soon.

Wicked

3. dmarv

dmarv
    Alliance Vendor
    from Exeter, CA

According to my Offy catalog 53-56 Buick is different than 57-64.

4. TRAVEZ

TRAVEZ

bummer!! i figured to good to be true. i thought it was going to be different.

5. Kartsa

Kartsa
    from FINLAND

I'm interested,if it is for sale!

6. Hardway

Hardway

7. CaseyK

CaseyK

post an ad in the wanteds! they show up here once and a while, there was just a guy on here 3 or so weeks ago with one for sale. ebay sometimes have em' too. I know titus sold an old offy to early ford adapter awhile back for like 125 bux. Keep looking, they're out there.

Casey

8. TP

TP
    from conroe tx

Travez, standard or auto matic? They are not the same. I would like it if it's an auto and complete. pm me and I'll give you some information on what will work on making the car an open drive line. I'm doing it on my 59 nowTP

9. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

It won't fit... Bendsten's is the way to go for an automatic adapter....

Hunhhh? Small block Nailhead? You have 264/322 from 53-56 364 from 57- 401/425 -66 Nothing else is a Nailhead... All Nialheads have the dizzy in the back... The 215 and 300 didn't they are not Nailheads...

10. Okay, so this is a Nailhead this ain't a Nailhead big frikin harry deal, potato-PotAHHto! I submit to your vastly superior knowledge on this matter. I don't pretend to know everything. I'm just here to learn like the rest of the class. What I have learned today is that the term "small block Nailhead" gets under professor zman's skin so now I had better hunt up every Buick thread he's ever posted on and post a reply using that term. (Just flicking buggers at you dude.)

Oh btw, TRAVEZ, I'd still like a shot at the adaptor. If you get it let me know.

11. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

So what we have learned today is that the newbie is a first rate asshat :eek:
    Yep he's pissed because he was a moron and it got pointed out :eek:
    Awwww poor baby got his diaper in a bunch....

Sorry if you can't take the truth, that you can't stomach being corrected... You say you're here to learn, then you cry because you learned something... Sorry that you're a thin skinned crybaby.. :D
    Now run along I hear that OSR is accepting newbies as we speak...

12. Geez dude, you need to lighten up and get over yourself. As for being a "thin skinned crybaby" go look in a mirror friend. Guy's like you crack me up.

13. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

Gee.. what have we learned today? That you're just another Internet asshole/tough guy... You crack me up asshat...:D:D:D

14. Chuckles Garage

Chuckles Garage
    Alliance Vendor

I'm getting my popcorn.....

15. r8odecay

r8odecay

2 1/2 year old popcorn Scotty?

16. hoffbug

hoffbug

What type of blower does an asshat fit? [​IMG] :D

17. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

You guys kill me digging up a thread that's over 2 years old, then expect it to be a popcorn worthy event.