Register now to get rid of these ads!

Buick inline 8 dual carb linkage pics?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bugman, Dec 23, 2009.

1. Bugman

Bugman

I'm swapping a factory Buick dual carb intake onto a '38 Straight 8. The intake setup came with some linkage pieces, but none of them line up in any sort of logical manner, and are probably not the right parts. Can someone post a pic of how the factory dual carb linkage is supposed to look? Thanks for the help.

2. Bugman

Bugman

No one can snap me a pic?

3. Jordster

Jordster

Mine came with a sketchy linkage as well but HAMBr RalphBoy161 has a nice set up that I'll probably emulate. I like it for using the stock equalizer/dashpot assembly...seems clean and straightforward but don't think the linkage itself is stock:

[​IMG]

I'd also recommend a Buick shop manual, you can find em on CD for fairly cheap.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2010
  4. Bugman

Bugman

Thanks for the pic. Definatly not the factory setup, but it looks nice and clean. is it still progressive, and do you know who made it?

5. Jordster

Jordster

Nope, not a clue. Send a PM to RalphBoy161, and when ya find out come back and post here. ;)

6. NJRATRODER

NJRATRODER
    from NJ

mike47 made that send him a pm has info on that setup

7. MIKE47

MIKE47
    from new jersey

Hey guys. It started out as a linkage assembly from Flathead Jack. The rods were too short though. And they were hex stock which I didn't like the look of. I made the rods from stainless rod. Drilled and tapped for 10-32 heim joints. The linkage arms can be found from a few places. I did use the original pivot assembly but it was re-worked a bunch to get the pull angles right. It's not progressive. That's a '41-'42 manifold and each carb feeds 4 cyls. This pic was before the return spring and final assembly too.
    And for the record that manifold bolts right on the engine but the motor mount needs a ton of work to clear the exhaust (which is also one off to live dual lakes pipes).