Register now to get rid of these ads!

Buick FireBall V6 engines.... info?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Kojack, Oct 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fiftyv8

fiftyv8
    from CO & WA

Those gears sound a little too tall for my liking.
    I guess that is why I am considering an O/D scenario.

My Odd Fire is in an unfinished 29 Model A coupe.
    It has a Chevy diff in it but have never driven it yet or checked the ratio.
    I am guessing it will be a little too tall for me but it is a start and rolling at least.

With the size wheels and tires it runs now I think something between 3.3 to 3.5:1 ratio would be a good starting point.
    I purchased out of Sheboygan WI, knowing that it was a good body, but needs finishing when I get time.

I got a hot rod chassis ready for a swap, when the time comes and some better parts to improve it.
    The previous guy tried building it as a gasser style, but did not have a lot of experience and gave up.

2. 31Apickup

31Apickup

I built mine when I was in my late teens to early 20’s using what I could find at the time, so some stuff could have been matched better. I’ve done some updates thru the years but it’s been a good driver and on the road since 87. My current project is a 31 coupe on 32 rails. I have a rebuilt 327 for it, I had considered looking for a Buick 215 or 300.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

fiftyv8 likes this.
  3. fiftyv8

fiftyv8
    from CO & WA

Wow 327, that sounds like it would be worth running without a hood.
    Something that I would not be doing running with my Odd fire Buick.
    They don't seem IMHO be that kind of engine.
    I see them more as hidden to gets folks curiosity and wondering what the hell is under that hood.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2020
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.