Register now to get rid of these ads!

Buick engine. What year is it and how do I sell it?

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by rpmutchler, Feb 23, 2014.

1. rpmutchler

rpmutchler
    from California

I have what I believe is an early 20's inline 6 cylinder Buick engine, mostly complete that has been in storage since it was removed from an operating but wrecked Buick some 50 or so years ago when it was taken out to install in another car and never happened. Serial # on side of engine is 2050189. I also have a several sets of cylinders, heads, cranks and other items from the same approximate vintage.
    I am at an age that I can no longer do this type of work and now need to sell these items. I am looking for someone to take everything at a fair price. I don't know what that price should look like so am looking for advice from those who are far more knowledgeable than I am.

So far, I've been unable to find any other photos of this type of engine in as good a condition as this one.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 23, 2014
  2. buford26

buford26

Serial number falls into the 1928 range. The 207 cid engine in the Standard series had a 3 1/8" bore and the 274 cid engine in the Master series had a 3 1/2" bore.