Register now to get rid of these ads!

buick drums and hubs adapter?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by lowriding 'lane, May 22, 2007.

1. lowriding 'lane

lowriding 'lane

Hey Guys,
    I know there are a ton of posts on the HAMB about running buick drums, and i read through 29Rat's post here http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=91081&highlight=buick+drums+hubs

this seems like the way i want to go, since i have the drums, hubs, and wheels in that bolt pattern, and the ford backing plate setup already. But, that thread is kind of old and 29Rat said he's out of adapters, so my question is, do you guys know about anyone who still sells these adapters? Thanks a lot

frank

2. Ole don

Ole don

If you go to that much work, why not use the entire Buick brake. I have seen it done that way, and it looked like a simpler method than that pictured. The fellow made an aluminum spacer to fit between the backing plate and the spindle, it was about one inch thick. That gave him huge brakes, not just large looking drums.