Register now to get rid of these ads!

buick backing plates on 42-48 spindles

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by looz nutz, Oct 30, 2007.

1. looz nutz

looz nutz

Well building my T coupe I decided I was going to use the buick backing plates along with the drums. Well I bought the adapters and decided to buy new brake shoes. I headed down to my local NAPA store and the fellows there said that the 12" by 2 1/2" shoes were absolete and that they did not carrie them anymore. He suggested having the shoes re-lined. He said he was going to make some calls and to get back to him wthin the hour. Well I did and he quoted me the total wich to my surprise was pretty price. He said that to re-line the shoes it would cost me 80 dollars plus shipping and handling. I said "WHAT!!!" I would think about it. Does anybody know of any place that sells the shoes or any other cross reference of shoes that I can use. Any info would be great.

2. Johnny-B-Bad

Johnny-B-Bad

Im using shoes from i think a 62 caddillac fleetwood. Matched them up at all places, one of the crappy chain stores. Ill get you the raybestos number later.

John