Register now to get rid of these ads!

buggy spring replacement

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by negativeMatt, Mar 24, 2007.

  1. i'm redoing the rear frame section of my truck. i built it with a tall "z" and used a T buggy spring. well, after adding the bed, i wanna use a spring that isn't so tall. something "flatter" that won't require such huge "z" in the frame so i can have more space inside the bed. i've heard of using 40's era ford car front springs. anybody have any suggestions?
  2. pasadenahotrod
    Joined: Feb 13, 2007
    Posts: 11,776

    from Texas

    Sure you can use the front spring of any 35-48 Ford passenger car if the spring mounts you have are spaced properly to fit the spring and you have clearance for the rear end or other bracketry. You may have to remove a leaf or three to get a good ride, but you did on the T spring too, didn't you?
  3. rodrelic
    Joined: Mar 7, 2002
    Posts: 466


Share This Page

Register now to get rid of these ads!


Copyright © 1995-2021 The Jalopy Journal: Steal our stuff, we'll kick your teeth in. Terms of Service. Privacy Policy.

Atomic Industry
Forum software by XenForo™ ©2010-2014 XenForo Ltd.