Register now to get rid of these ads!

Buffing and Polishing request

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Powerband, Nov 19, 2010.

1. Powerband

Powerband

Could someone summarize common buffer pads/bonnets available , hopefully provide a generic index of foam pads and cloth bonnets by color and type and their intended use. I'm trying to sort out sales BS from practical use. ( I know 3M and other major mfg' sell propprietary "system" products )

I see an offshore mfg has many vendors selling a low cost vari-speed buffer/polisher with 7" H&L backing pad which comes with terry and wool(?) polishing bonnet and white foam pad ?...

still learning - paint,, color sand, cut and buff ...

info appreciated a lot more than anecdotes,
    Thanks

2. Bull

Bull

The company I work for is in the business of manufacturing detailing & finishing products. We have compounds, polishes, detailers, buffing pads, etc in our line. You can find some info on our website at www.WizardsProducts.com. You can also find our videos on YouTube at http://www.youtube.com/user/WizardsProducts I also have a How to Buff sheet I could e-mail to you if that is of interest.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2010
  3. The little company I work for in Mn has a great website www.3m.com/automotive. You can get product information and see videos on paint finishing. Good Luck

4. I'm a 3M guy when it comes to color sand and buffing

5. mikemo

mikemo

Ditto on the 3M

Attached Files:

• 005.jpg
      005.jpg
      File size:
      527.2 KB
      Views:
  6. pro85fiero

pro85fiero
    BANNED

I have been doing it for almost 40 years. I can tell you that to do it right, its very intense. Too involved for this thread. If you never did it before DO NOT try it on a good finish or paint job, you will SMOKE IT! If you know how then you should also know that one of the best product producers out there is 3M. Go with the best because it will be alot cheaper than a new paint job!