Register now to get rid of these ads!

Bucket seats in a 40's Chevy

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bigchuck, Dec 3, 2011.

1. Bigchuck

Bigchuck
    from Austin, TX

i tried seaching to no avail. I am looking for ideas on how to mount bucket seats in my '41 Chevy coupe. I bought a pair of early 60's Chevy ll seats that are just the right width. Bolting them to straight to the floor makes them way too low unless one happens to be about 7 feet tall. I stacked up some stuff under them and figured about 4" would get them just about right for vision and gets the top of the seat backs about even with the bottom of the side windows. I was thinking of using 2 x 4 steel tubing, or channel welded to the floors and the seats bolted to that. I have replaced the floors completely, and they are a little more flat than the factory ones so it is a little easier to make something fit. So, if you have a 40's Chevy with buckets similar to what I am describing please post up a couple pics of what you did for a seat riser-Thanks.

2. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Why not bolt the 2x4 tubing to the floor and bolt the seat frames to the tubing? You will only have eight holes to take care of if you tire of the bucket seats and want to change. Just make sure you use large enough washers or plates under the floor boards to keep the bolts from pulling out.

3. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

so, where are pics of what you are working with? do you seats still have adjuster tracks on them? 2x4 material is overkill