Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs bucket seats for 1955 ford customline

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bignutz1, Dec 5, 2016.

1. bignutz1

bignutz1

hello, it has been awhile since i have posted here, but i have gotten the 351c in and gotten it running and moving under it's own power and am finishing up the wiring but now comes the last couple items such as interior and glass. i have the glass figured out but am thinking of ditching the bench seat in the car and going with some junk yard bucket seats with a few manual adjustment features. i had to go from a column mounted shifter to a floor shifter so i am wondering what would work in this car with a console to mount my automatic shifter in it. thanks for any kind of help.

2. metalman

metalman

I personally would keep the bench but if you do go buckets you gotta find early ones (60's). Anything newer and they will be too narrow or God forbid, high backs. Nothing looks worst in an early car then modern import buckets IMHO. I like early Bronco myself, kinda like an early Mustang style but bigger, fills up the space better. Usually not too hard to find, these Bronco guys upgrade to racing style seats all the time. 60's T Bird are classy with the chrome trim and they are big enough but getting hard to find and pricy.

Squablow likes this.
  3. okiedokie

okiedokie
    from Ok

Using Chrysler Sebring in my 55 Sunliner. Good width. Mine are 2006 and the headrests are removable. I am sure there are many other options. Head for a salvage yard with a tape measure.