Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Bucket seats for 1955 ford 2 door customline

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by bignutz1, Dec 5, 2016.

1. bignutz1

bignutz1

i screwed up and posted this first in general discussion, sorry about that. it has been awhile since i have posted here, but i have gotten the 351c in and gotten it running and moving under it's own power and am finishing up the wiring but now comes the last couple items such as interior and glass. i have the glass figured out but am thinking of ditching the bench seat in the car and going with some junk yard bucket seats with a few manual adjustment features. i had to go from a column mounted shifter to a floor shifter so i am wondering what would work in this car with a console to mount my automatic shifter in it. thanks for any kind of help.

2. Back in 1966 I put 62 Falcon bucket seats in my 56 Ford but I doubt you could find that style anywhere now. You might regret dumping the bench seat, I did. You could use an old 67 style Mustang shifter that mounts directly to the floor.

3. JeffB2

JeffB2
    from Phoenix,AZ

I used some mid 80's Mustang buckets in my '54 with 1991 T-bird console and a B&M Quick Silver shifter fit like it was made for it. The 1990-96 T-Bird buckets are really comfortable but electric ( no big deal to hook up) and would also fit might find some of those a t a Pick-A-Part

4. aussie57wag

aussie57wag
    from australia

I would still use a bench. A good trmmer will shape the foam so its as comfortable as buckets. If you have a grandpa auto its easy to move the shifter so the bench will fit.

Sent from my SM-T805Y using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

5. Ed Angel

Ed Angel

I was in the same boat with my 50 shoebox . Being in Alaska upholstery work is very expensive . I found a solid set front and rear electric driver side 64 T bird seats for 250.00 . Then we ordered a complete seat cover set from Bobs Bird House , and a matching carpet set . Seats are comfy and lion the part .

Sent from the frozen North

Macstoy and Jonnie King like this.