Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Bruce Lancaster

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by chiro, Oct 24, 2019.

1. alanp561

alanp561
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

When I was a child, one of my favorite people in my small world was Miss Mable Fry, the librarian. She encouraged me to read but more importantly, she taught me how to find things out for myself in a logical manner. Bruce does the same thing here. Not only does he have answers to our questions but he shows us how to find the answers for ourselves. Get well, Bruce, we need you.

2. uncle max

uncle max
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

God Bless Bruce Lancaster!

3. jambottle

jambottle

My thoughts exactly. Ger well my friend.
    Sent from my SM-G960W using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Stogy and Chavezk21 like this.
  4. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

Thanks for the updates!
    Bruce has been a dear friend here for decades. I’m heartbroken to hear of his condition and praying for him daily.
    Please read this thread to him even if he isn’t alert. It’s amazing how the brain works. Get well Bruce.

Surfcityrocker, Lil32, Stogy and 2 others like this.
  5. Prayers healing, grace and peace for Bruce and family!

Lil32, Stogy and lothiandon1940 like this.
  6. Best wishes to Bruce and his family. Get well soon! E

Lil32 and Stogy like this.
  7. dudley32

dudley32

Prayers for a full and speedy recovery

8. -Brent-

-Brent-

Get well, Bruce!

9. 57JoeFoMoPar

57JoeFoMoPar

Best wishes for Bruce and his family, one of the true experts here on the HAMB

10. Rex_A_Lott

Rex_A_Lott

Bruce is like E.F Hutton, when he talks people listen. Always gives good advice, and you know its something he has lived or done, not something he read on the internet. Prayers for a speedy and complete recovery.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2019
    Thor1, Blues4U, tractorguy and 10 others like this.
  11. Excellent analogy my friend, that is so true. HRP

Rex_A_Lott, Lil32, alanp561 and 2 others like this.
  12. ZZLEGEND

ZZLEGEND

Thank you Beth, for the update. You have a great and special dad there.

13. Very sorry to get this news.

14. 56sedandelivery

56sedandelivery
    Member Emeritus

I always really hate it, when I hear about someone on one of the boards I frequent, has any kind of serious health issue. The knowledge, history, and respect some of these people command is huge; it really sounds like Bruce is more than qualified to be one of those. I come from a medical background, 32 years as an X-Ray/CAT Scan Tech, and as such, I've seen and been involved in a lot. I really hope Bruce does well. There are two kinds of strokes, or better know medically as CVA's (cerebro-vascular accidents); ischemic strokes caused by blood clots, and narrowed or completely occluded blood vessels that feed various parts of the brain, or hemorrhagic strokes that involve ruptured blood vessels that cause the same symptoms, but blood causes internal pressure and then becomes clotted. Anything "down stream" of the clot or hemorrhage, can lead to the parts of the brain fed by those vessels, to dying off, so-to-speak. Clot busting drugs, and even selective removal of clots using fluoroscopy and special techniques, are frequently used with ischemic strokes; hemorrhagic strokes are usually more serious, and surgery is often used to stem bleeding and evacuate pooled and clotted blood. The later is what it sounds like Bruce has had, a hemorrhagic stroke. Keep up the good thoughts and prayers for Bruce to pull through, and with little or no serious after effects. I am Butch/56sedandelivery.

Texas57, Hnstray, tractorguy and 6 others like this.
  15. AHotRod

AHotRod

You are in my prayers Bruce, be strong my friend.

Lil32 and lothiandon1940 like this.
  16. Gotgas

Gotgas
    from DFW USA

Get well, Bruce!

17. I signed on here 12 years ago, but didn't post anything for a long time. It was a "different" HAMB then, not taken to dumb-ass questions. When I finally posted, it was an inquiry regarding the evolution over the production years of the Ford Flathead V-8. I always wondered about the coolant outlet locations among other things. Bruce responded and in his patient, infinite knowledge explained to me all of the changes made over time to help the little V-8 run cooler and more efficiently. Never condescending, Bruce explained in detail how all of the technological changes had helped. I will always appreciate his help and understanding. Get well soon, Bruce. We need you here............Don.

Thor1, Old-Soul, jim snow and 17 others like this.
  18. Positive thoughts here

19. only good thoughts for you, Bruce

lothiandon1940, Lil32 and Stogy like this.
  20. 19Fordy

19Fordy

Bruce, Wishing you a speedy recovery. Shift gears slowly and you'll be
    on the road again pretty soon. Prayers sent to a flat head legend and good man.

21. God speed to a quick recovery Bruce !

22. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

I hope you're doing better Bruce. You are truly a gentleman scholar and your example should be followed by us all.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2019
  23. Budget36

Budget36

Nothing I can add/say. Speedy recovery Bruce.

Stogy and Lil32 like this.
  24. panheadguy

panheadguy
    from S.E. WI

Get well Bruce. "I love you man......"

lothiandon1940, Stogy and Lil32 like this.
  25. Donuts & Peelouts

Donuts & Peelouts
    from , CA

Another night we pray as brothers for another brother.

26. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Prayers for Bruce's recovery. I've always been amazed at the answers he posts and one can just bet that he has given who knows how many well researched answers when they pm'd him with a question.
    That brings to mind something we can all do to honor him. That is fully research our answers to even the obviously simple questions that even the slightest search would have found the correct answer. Next time someone asks a question that you think you might know the answer on do like Bruce does and check your research items to be able to give a correct and concise answer.

27. Happydaze

Happydaze
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Transatlantic wellness vibes incoming!

Chris

28. landseaandair

landseaandair
    from phoenix

29. J'st Wandering

J'st Wandering

Prayers go out to you Bruce. I have always admire your wealth of information. Take care and wish for a speedy recovery.

30. williebill

williebill

Away from the computer for several hours today, driving home thinking about what I still needed to do today, and thought I'd like to check on the HAMB and hopefully, there would be good news about Bruce. And I realized that I can be scanning the posts, and if I see that the last reply was from Bruce, I will always open it to see what he said. I don't do that for anyone else, at least not every time.
    And I'm not working on a flathead now, either.
    Found this thread on page 6. I hope there's good news on page 1 in the morning.