Register now to get rid of these ads!

Bruce Lancaster, a top notch HAMBer!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Rocket88, Apr 27, 2005.

1. Rocket88

Rocket88

Just got back from Disney Land (the most expensive place on the planet) to find a package in the mail from Bruce.

Inside I found 8 magazines ranging from little books, Sparkomatic catalogues to Hot Rod magazine year books, issues 1 and 2.

No, I didn't buy them, thay are on loan!

How cool is that?
    A guy from Jersey that I have never met before sends me several hundred dollars worth of rare mags prepaid.

I have been researching how to detail late 50's wiring and engine compartments and Bruce was kind enough to send me some excellent reading material.
    Not to mention some great stuff on early Olds engines.

Once I'm finished scanning all the good stuff I'll be sending them back along with some "bonus" material.

Thanks Bruce, I still can't get the grin off my face.

2. Shoprag

Shoprag

he's gotta trust u for sure. so thats says somethin about urself.

ps would like to get some of the info on the early olds motors if you would make a copy for a kiss ass. LOL j/k

3. Elmo Rodge

Elmo Rodge

I have had the distinguished pleasure of meeting Bruce (and Alice) in real life. I hold them folks in high regard. Wayno

4. 50Fraud

50Fraud

I find Bruce's posts to be among the most helpful and knowledgeable on the board. One of our heroes, y'might say.

5. Flathead Youngin'

Flathead Youngin'

I've got to chime in on this one. Since were a' pattin' him on the back!

I've gotten to know Bruce through the HAMB, Barn and I think the Techno site. What a guy! Great attitude and EXTREMELY willing to help ya! I can't wait to get my PM's back from him. They are usually funny!

I got to share this one, Bruce.

I kind a dog him about being an older guy (I don't know if he's 30 or 80). Anyway, I didn't see him post for a day or two so I started sending him PM's to make sure he was still a kickin' up there. His response was, paraphrased, "you moron, haven't you ever heard of Carlisle? People are encamped aournd there and they are trading stacks of money for piles of scrap iron!" I'm still laughing at that!

What a guy! Pat, pat....

6. Kevin Lee

Kevin Lee
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Bruce has done a lot for me...and I mean besides answering obscure flathead and early Ford questions, the stack of books, odd cool parts, and the loaner distributor that currently keeps my flathead alive.

He sent me down the right path with hot rods. I've taken his advice - added what I thought was right and hopefully come up with something cool. I'm grateful and stoked for how he has hooked me up and helped me out. I hope I get the chance to scare the hell out of him in the passenger seat of my car one day.

...The paint on my cowl doesn't have a damn thing to do with any town in California.

7. The37Kid

The37Kid

I enjoy the info Burce posts here on the HAMB. Hope to meet him some day, maybe next month at the Rusty Relics swap meet in Upper Saddle River, New Jersey.

8. What they all said. In addition I had the pleasure of meeting and talking to Bruce at the Road Agents Rockabilly Rumble. Wonderful, layed back and imformative guy. No pretences and will to share anything he knows (at least I think so - man if he's holding back he's REALLY smart;) )

Dennis

9. Flat Ernie

Flat Ernie
    Tech Editor

He's gonna need a bigger hat after we get through - I always learn something from his posts & I'm usually reluctant to post anything early Ford or flathead related if I'm in the least bit of doubt (& even when I'm not!) because I know Bruce is going to have the correct info for the question at hand to steer the person in the right direction the first time.

And he's funny as hell!

:cool:

10. Petejoe

Petejoe
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Zoar, Ohio

Bruce huh???
    This guy is gonna have a head so big..
    Have you ever noticed he never posts his cars??
    And believe me I don't think it's because he doesn't have any.....
    Original 32 among others.......
    He always says he doesn't have a camera.... but rest assured...
    I bet he spends his money on Ford tools and flathead parts a plenty.
    I really think he is that humble...............

This guy has been right here in my garage (in spirit) installing, problem solving, planning every flathead I have ever touched. If it wasn't for this guy and many others.....these engines would have all been scrapped during the smallblock years. Its these guys who keep the flatheads alive.
    He has let me borrow special tools to repair and save flathead parts upon removal. He is definitely a hamber and a great guy.
    I have never met him.... and whats that say????
    All I can keep saying is ....
    Thanks Bruce !! And as always..you name it and I will do what I can to help you for a change.:)

11. burger

burger
    from burbs

Bruce rocks.

12. MBL

MBL

He's my go to guy when I want a no nonsense answer to almost anything. A great resource to the HAMB!
    Thanks Bruce!
    Tim
    MBL

13. Deuce Rails

Deuce Rails

Bruce (and his lovely wife Alice) are just great. He's generous with everything. He's helped me out a number of times, has given me lots of good information, and even sent my son a couple of old and rare 32 hot rod models.

After talking with Alice for a while at Carlisle, it was clear that she also appreciates Bruce's knowledge and generosity. Not only does she join him for swap meets, but she's happy to do it, and proud of him to boot. They make a great couple.

(I need to scan and post a couple of articles he sent me a while ago, including a good frame-straightening one done at Pete & Jakes.)

--Matt

P.S. This tribute to Bruce is sounding too much like a eulogy; we should be giving him a roast.
    Give him hell for his many virtues! ;)

14. NoSurf

NoSurf

Bruce rocks!!!

15. I to am a member of the BL fan club and owe him a favor when the opportunity presents itself. Thanks Bruce...

16. oldspeed

oldspeed
    from Upstate NY

I'm signing up for the BL fan club too. He no doubt has answered the same dumb questions on flatheads for me that he has for countless guys, yet never seems to tire of giving good information, and being prompt to answer. I hope to be able to thank him in person some day.