Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Bruce Fisher's wife's son hurt in accident in Florida

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bobss396, Mar 30, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bob, I am still waiting to hear from Teresa about it . Her brother and his long time girl friends work for the air lines and would be able to get them on a flight once he is stable enough. Thanks Bob. Bruce.

50 customcoupe likes this.
  2. Chavezk21

Chavezk21

sorry

Bruce Fischer and chryslerfan55 like this.
  3. One guy I know, he's the father in law of a friend of mine. 2 months ago he was in Florida with his wife on vacation and has a stroke. His mind is okay, he can talk but one side of his body is not cooperating, he's incontinent. They were arranging medical transport to get him up here, but he got well enough to go on a commercial flight. My friend coordinated to have him met at Kennedy by an ambulance. He's 75 and up to that an active guy that owned a couple of businesses.

4. wvenfield

wvenfield

Not really the place but this is all pretty common today but no one cares until it happens to them. Don't back down.

chryslerfan55 and Bruce Fischer like this.
  5. No problem Chavez. LOL. Bruce.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  6. Gman0046

Gman0046

Saw an old time hot rodder I know at an event last summer who also had a stroke while on vacation in Florida. He's now wheel chair bound and no longer drives. I hardly recognized him. Take each day at a time and enjoy your health while you can.

Gary

7. Wish I could help! I can't imagine how you feel. Hoping and praying for the best.

8. Gary AGREED! and love your wife.I sure miss mine. Bruce. 001.JPG

9. Bruce your wife is there supporting her baby, you are supporting her, we are supporting you, big circle of support.

Bowtie Coupe, dan31, jetnow1 and 12 others like this.
  10. Thor1

Thor1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Bam! Right There! That's what's all about.:cool:

11. belair

belair

Bruce-you guys are going to have to be VERY visible, VERY nosesy, and VERY present if Robert is going to get the best care. Institutions and some individuals need to be put on notice if the care is not acceptable. Most care-givers really do care, but let the management know if they are not cutting the mustard. Your presence, asking questions, not taking any crap from the staff, and telling them what you want instead of asking them what they can do will transform the care he gets. Be nice to the nurses and ride the management hard if you have to.

12. Ron Emerson

Ron Emerson

Make sure you write everything down, the who, what, where and when, you will need a paper trail if and when you have to talk to any one ( lawyers upper staff ) or they will think you are blowing smoke. That being said Bruce, Teresa and Robert, will always stay in our prayers. Bless you all. Ron and Mary Emerson.

13. 50 customcoupe

50 customcoupe

Also take as many pictures as you can-----this with also help with the paper work----just in case.

Bruce Fischer likes this.
  14. Hello to all.To day they are going to try to see if he can have some liquid through his mouth to day. They took him down for another scan today and Teresa was talking to a nurse {out side his room} when they were putting him back in his bed and when the put the side railing up he said ouch you hit my arm and started calling for his mom. I think he is slowly coming around. We are trying to get him transferred to a rehab in U.T hospital in Knoxville T.N. Teresa told me they would be coming home some time next week. I think its called Angle wings a air lines that deocates it s time to fly people home that are hurt and in need of help. I will keep you all posted. Thanks Bruce.

15. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

Step by step Bruce, sounds positive.

16. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

Really sorry to hear that. Pray that get well.

chryslerfan55 and Bruce Fischer like this.
  17. Good news! Thank you, God!

18. Deuces

Deuces

A man!!!!.... :);)

19. Wow Bruce getting him back to Tennessee could be the best medicine. I hope it all works out. Keeping you guys in our thoughts and prayers.
    Tom

20. NashRodMan

NashRodMan

Good news and good progress!

21. Chavezk21

Chavezk21

That is great news Bruce! Robert seems to be getting better. Still praying for him, TERESA and you!

22. edcodesign

edcodesign
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Daily prayers sent for full recovery.

23. Good Sat.Morning to you all.I talked to Teresa last night. and I heard some one talking in the back ground. I asked Teresa who was there and she said it was Robert talking .He was just rambling on about every thing. I asked her if I could talk to him and when she asked him if he wanted to he to talk to me he said I don't know where he is and tell him to call back in 15 minutes. LOL.I hope this is a good sign. The place in Knoxville sent paper work to the hospital for Teresa to fill out and she will send them back Monday. Hopefully they will admit him. He failed his swollowing {sorry about the spelling}test yesterday he just spit the liquid out. Hopefully rehab. will get him to drink and eat something soon. They switched him to the smallest tube for his trake. They are hoping they can take it out next week and sew the hole back up. Thats it for now , you all have a good weekend, and THANKS to you all again. Bruce.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2018
  24. 1934coupe

1934coupe

Things seem to be going in a positive direction Bruce, just keep the faith.

Pat

25. catdad49

catdad49

See many positives and that's a Great thing. As was said above, there's a large support/Prayer circle going on here. Please be sure to share all this with your Family, They are not alone! The Carpenters

26. ...if you can, show Robert this thread,..

27. unklgriz

unklgriz

we think , talk and pray about you all everyday Bruce. Godspeed.....

50 customcoupe and Bruce Fischer like this.
  28. upspirate

upspirate

Glad things are moving in a positive direction Bruce. We don't realize how things can change in an instant and it takes seems like forever to heal back

29. TagMan

TagMan
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The swallowing will come along in time. I was on a feeding tube for 3-months and had to learn how to chew & swallow all over again. Funny, but the first food I took by mouth after coming off the feeding tube, made me nauseous for days. I was getting pretty upset because I thought I'd be like that forever, but one day it just sort of seemed to "click in".

Be patient and give it time - things will come along for Robert. You have a lot of prayers being said for him & your family, things will work out. Keep positive and Robert will sense it and it will give him hope & the energy to fight back.

30. Bruce, it sounds as if he knew you were there and now you are not but doesn't know where you went. That is a good sign that he had brain activity all along and is comprehending albeit slowly as to who and where he is. Slowly, nevertheless he is and that all is a good sign. This circle is working daily here, tirelessly, like you and yours there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.