Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Brookville -vs.- Wescott 1932 roadster body

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by wildwest, Nov 11, 2018.

1. uncle buck

uncle buck

At the end of the day the only one that needs to be happy is yourself. Do what makes you happy. Either way they are both great bodies

2. Well, you'll never need to weld in a patch panel on a Wescott body due to weather and age.
    The Wizzard

3. greg32

greg32
    from Indiana

They both need body work. Neither is real Henry Ford. So, it comes down to resale primarily. Is the extra money for a steel copy worth more in the end. Go look at the for sale ads. I'd say steel is well worth the extra bucks, today.
    Gary Meadors (Goodguys) told me years ago all roadsters should be glass. Don't rust when they get soaked, and they should have drain plugs in the floor.

neverdun likes this.
  4. Opening line should say "They All need body work". I feel if big resale value is the point the Title needs to say 1932 Ford vin# ****** not assembled vehicle 197*** . The true value should be related to the Quality of the Vehicle, not so much what was all Stacked together to make it. Ya, I know,, I don't think like Normal people.
    The Wizzard

5. 5window

5window

A lot of "all steel Henry bodies" have more patch panels than original metal, so what's a "real steel Ford"? One could argue that it's only "real" if there has been no body work at all. At the end of the day, who cares? You do. Other's opinions don't matter a bit. Build what you like or want. And, if you're building it with resale in mind, you're in the wrong hobby. Very few people sell their cars for more than they've invested..

neverdun, j3harleys, A Boner and 4 others like this.
  6. used an original grill, hood and firewall for a Brookville shell
    Basically an original roadster with extreme panel replacement.

Hee haw

7. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

No, you are not normal...which is a plus in my book Wizzard. You are like the Yoda of the hot rod world. A Jedi master is definitely not normal.

8. Roothawg

Roothawg

I think you are spot on.

9. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

I have a Brookville "A", friends with fiberglass bodies, and friends with restored and patch paneled oem bodies, all are only as good as the workmanship to build. And don't kid yourself, all have to be built. I don't worry about what other people think about monetary "worth" as I build what I want that I feel gets me the best bang for my buck and efforts.
    But I've gotta question your comments about the necessity of "bracing" a Brookville body. Mine is just like it came from Brookville and needs no bracing that I can find in several years of use. It does have the optional extra band of metal around the upper perimeter of the body opening (roadster), sort of creating 3 sides of a box at the upper perimeter. Is this what you're speaking of?

10. deathrowdave

deathrowdave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from NKy

I’m so sorry if I offended anyone . That was not my point , it was just my opinion that what I stated in my post . What ever one builds and likes , that allows him to have fun in our hobby , is great by me . This is a great hobby we enjoy , some like it a certain way some like it another way . That’s the fun of it . What ever is best for to enjoy and have fun with so be it . It’s all about the fun factor . Again , I’m sorry did not want to hurt or down grade anyone , it’s just my opinion , I have a few close friends with glass cars we all run together and have a good time . Only thing I say is research and build a safety factor into your build , don’t cut corners .

lothiandon1940 and robracer1 like this.
  11. robracer1

robracer1

^^^^^^ well stated, thanks

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  12. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

I think it's cool that you have a tie to Dee. Adds to your personal value (attachment) of the car.:cool:

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  13. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

I think Dee's name ,rep and the quality of his bodies has a certain resale value that can be added in. Remember steel can rust/rot , dented and crack. Fiberglass can crack and rot as well if moisture gets in bthe glass. Just visually inspect the 'glass body that it is sealed well. Fiberglass boats do rot.

The37Kid likes this.