Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Brookville parts question help?

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by panheadguy, Dec 12, 2020.

1. panheadguy

panheadguy
    from S.E. WI

I have a 30-31 B'ville roadster body. Nothing in the catalog to help. Also sent pictures to B'ville 2 weeks ago and got no reply. I have two pieces that I'm not sure where they go. Pretty sure 1st picture is correct but have no idea where the other part shown in the second picture goes. Are these to support the seat back?
    Thanks 1207201914.jpg 1207201917.jpg

2. sloppy jalopies

sloppy jalopies

Think you got it, package tray assembly... hope it helps DSCN6822.JPG rdstr 2.jpg

dana barlow likes this.
  3. panheadguy

panheadguy
    from S.E. WI

Thanks for the hit. Yeah it looks like it sits up from the bottom. Any thoughts on the other piece in the lower photo?

dana barlow likes this.
  4. The piece laying in the clamp goes on the bottom of the piece that is clamped. It is for adjusting the seat back. That is the reason for the double holes.

5. GordonC

GordonC
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Take it from some one who knows if you can afford to leave that tiny package tray out you may gain 2 more inches in the cock pit. A good trade off. Mine had that tray behind the seat and I didn't remove it. I am 6 ft. tall and just fit in the car now as is. The 2 inches would have helped.

IMG_20130909_121104_763.jpg

20191015_191027.jpg

dana barlow and big duece like this.
  6. panheadguy

panheadguy
    from S.E. WI

Thanks. Might take a cue from Gordon and leave both off. I'm thinking some sq. steel tube to reinforce the area.

7. panheadguy

panheadguy
    from S.E. WI

Nice looking interior!

8. GordonC

GordonC
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks! The wife and I whipped it up at home! First time trying it. Good idea to use some tube under there to brace it up. Also give you something to attach a bulkhead to.

9. sloppy jalopies

sloppy jalopies

called a package tray...
    better be a small yet heavy package or it could be bouncing down the road behind you...

10. panheadguy

panheadguy
    from S.E. WI

Better be a damn small package....

11. On a coupe it would be called a package tray, on a roadster it is called a seat adjuster. Ford advertised there roadsters as having an adjustable seat. The piece in the second picture is part of the wood seat frame. If you decide to not use it you should think about replacing it with something else. It adds quite a bit of rigidity to the body.

rick core and GordonC like this.