Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Broken Photobucket Image Links-New Terms of Service

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ClayMart, Jul 2, 2017.

1. It's all over the Internet.
    Sooooooo many sites, pages and posts with spectacular and helpful info is now rendered almost useless.

C. John Stutzer likes this.
  2. loudbang

loudbang

Well I found a TINY bit of good news when starting the process of replacing the missing shitbucket photos on my OT website.

First I have NOT tried this on the HAMB because mine were all attachments thank god and I haven't tried it here.

Get all your photos downloaded off shitbucket onto your computer.

Go to the post you want to replace the shitbucket message that was your photo.

Hit EDIT and the post should come up now here is the good news from my other site when editing the stupid message thing shows as attachment with a bunch of computer language like this

(ww.w. with other stuff here) photobucket.com/albums/i311/loudbang/valves%20%20%20DIY/number4thrid.jpg

If you look closely at the computer junk you will see the last part above that is BOLD AND UNDERLINED

IS THE NAME OF THE PHOTO that should be the same as the photos you just downloaded back from shitbucket.

Before I caught that I was reading the post and then manually looking through the 500+ photos I just grabbed back from shitbucket and what a pain in the butt.

But if you can read the name of the photo from that gibberish NO NEED TO GO LOOK AT THE PHOTOS ON YOUR COMPUTER JUST GO THROUGH YOUR NEW BUNCH OF PHOTOS UNTIL YOU FIND THAT PHOTO NAME, delete the shitbuckt message and insert the photo with that name and save.

Of course you have to do that for all your photos but it is WAY FASTER if you don't have to go back and forth looking at photos.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2017
    ClayMart and hrm2k like this.
  3. rooman

rooman

Every image that I have posted on the HAMB (via Photobucket) is still stored on my desktop (and multiple separate hard drives--just in case) so there is no chance of me losing everything when something like this happens. A 4 or 5TB hard drive goes for about $100 if you shop around (Fry's etc) so it is a cheap and safe way to save lots of files.

Roo

4. Ok, so I went to look at an old post of mine to see how a relay I'm reinstalling was supposed to be wired........ and no photos in the thread. I was unaware of the change with Photobucket until I saw the Photobucket messsage with a web address to "update" my account today. Did a google search and realized it's been an issue for a couple months.
    Sorry , I am not paying $399 to allow me to post photos. I guess my old threads with photos will stay as they are........ with the message of greed. Going forward I'll post from my computer. I'm now trying to download my albums and keep getting error messages. Can anyone advise how to download MY photos? I'd love to meet the Exec. that approved this business strategy.

Thanks.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2017
    loudbang likes this.
  5. I have been trying to download the remainder of my photos and they seem to be blocking me from down loading them. HRP

loudbang likes this.
  6. Might be something on your end I don't know anyone who has had any issues downloading their pictures.

loudbang likes this.
  7. It's trying to download with all the pop up ad's,I have downloaded about 80 % but it just a total PITA now. HRP

loudbang likes this.
  8. HAHA yeah the pop ups I get that's just the way their site has been for over a year now regardless of what you were trying to do even before the "changes".

loudbang likes this.
  9. Speed Gems

Speed Gems

I've been wondering that for a long thime myself.
    [​IMG]

loudbang likes this.
  10. Just tried again,I hit download album,click I'm not a robot,click fown load and et the same thing every time...oops seems something went wrong,try again and then nothing... HRP

loudbang likes this.
  11. That's the message I've been getting.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  12. This photobucket fiasco has ruined at least 1/2 of all the threads on the Internet.

loudbang likes this.
  13. Could it be the government trying to get rid of knowledge.............;)

Last edited: Sep 9, 2017