Register now to get rid of these ads!

Broke Down Rod Rescue Sign Up

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Flatheadguy, Jan 2, 2009.

1. Flatheadguy

Flatheadguy

Being a rodder from the 50s and running long distances with somewhat semi-reliable equipment (especially tires), I thought it might be beneficial to all if we started a thread of those willing to help guys stuck on the road. For example, I am located 20 miles from NE Colorado just south of I-80, a heavily traveled east-west highway. If someone contacted me with a mechanical problem with their rod, I'd do whatever I could to get them back on the road. Yeah, even show up with my trailer and take them back to my shop and fix the problem. If this idea makes sense, reply and tell me who/where you are and I'll contact you for more direct info. If enough people do this, we should be able to have network covering a large area and we'd not likely be sucidal if and when a problem occurs. I'd be willing to collect the info and be the contact guy for everywhere. All the help, by the way, is no charge unless parts/supplies are needed. Labor and use of tools and machine shop are on the house. Wadda ya think? Good idea? Are YOU willing to help a fellow car nut?

Last edited: Jan 2, 2009
  2. Denise said in the other thread that she was working on a HAMB Helper pages version 2. Just PM her your info instead of adding another one. Duh!

3. Flatheadguy

Flatheadguy

"Duh"? Well, excuse me for not being aware of the other posting. I am SO sorry to be so dumb. I am new here at H.A.M.B. and have not read them all. If I am wrong that that remark was a wise ass reply, forgive me. But, if you meant it, well......(smiling)
    Have a Grand 2009 no matter what.

4. I did mean it in a nice way.:) I thought I saw you post on that one earlier................wonder how many variations of flathead are used in HAMB screen names!:eek:

5. fuel pump

fuel pump
    Member Emeritus
    from Caro,MI

No one said you are dumb. Just uninformed. Its a good idea that hotrodladycruiser (Denise) has already done some work on. If you lighten up a little you will get along better.

6. fiftyv8

fiftyv8
    from CO & WA

If more folks were a little more accurate with there original sign up details all that would need to be done is do a HAMB members search and you could see if any body lived close to where you broke down.

For me I'd rather rely on a tilt tray 1st up just to get off the highway.

7. Flatheadguy

Flatheadguy

Okay, Tman, I take it the way you meant it....with a smile. Now I'm sorry for telling the guys in my shop that you may have beena frustrated Pawnee pilot!! (smiling)
    I assme "AG" means Ag? Anyway, this website is difficult for me to negotiate. I'm a bit slow if it doesn't have points and condenser. Could some PLEASE steer me towards the previously mentioned posting?
    The internet is great except that it's totally without inflection and facial hints (like a sincere smile) so we...I...take what I read as the way it was meant.
    Can't we all just get along? (still smiling)
    So, where is Denise's thread....post?
    And thanks for the response(s).