Register now to get rid of these ads!

Broke down in Cedar Lake, IN coming from Indy road rockets show

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Cyclebilly, Jun 21, 2009.

1. Cyclebilly

Cyclebilly
    from Chicago

Im heading home from the Indy road rockets shows. A rocker arm broke in my motor. I have a 396 BBC.. It has stock rocker arms.. any one in the area have one?? we have another car to pick it up.. my cell is 847-338-0998 thanks

Bobby

2. Cyclebilly

Cyclebilly
    from Chicago

3. blktopbandit

blktopbandit

4. 48fordnut

48fordnut
    Member Emeritus

5. I have plenty of them but I am in Texas. Maybe I could send them on grayhound bus or some other quick currier service.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2009
  6. jim32

jim32
    1. Hamb & Eggs

called and left a message for Bobby, at 3:45. Jim32

7. GMC BUBBA

GMC BUBBA
    Member Emeritus

Too far and too late to help. I have been there before however.
    Heres a tip: remove the intake rocker arm and put it on the exhaust . Ground the plug wire to the head and drive er home.
    No intake rocker =no fuel and the exhaust will just turn into a air pump.....used to do that to farm equipment all the time until parts could be located ....

8. Gmc bubba, thats some wisdom there.......

9. Cyclebilly

Cyclebilly
    from Chicago

I actually did what you said GMC BUBBA and was heading home when the car died out.. About 2 minutes later a gentleman pulled over and asked if he could be of any help.. He had a rocker arm to me in about 15 minutes.. . it purred like a kitten again.. Thanks everyone for the offers to help.. Another great year at the ROAD ROCKET RUMBLE<

BOBBY the Leg

10. sololobo

sololobo

More road angels at work, love the insight from Bubba which almost got C.B. home! Then the good samaritan shows up for the ultimate healing process. Car guys are just frickin cool when it comes to helpin out a brother. Sweet!! ~Sololobo~