Register now to get rid of these ads!

broadway title sevice

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by lone wolf, Apr 20, 2009.

1. crider

crider

I used them in VA on several cars with no problems. But when i went to title my A a couple weeks ago, It seems you get a couple extra forms to fill out and have notarized, then have to send it all to the main office in Richmond. The Va dmv will not title an alabama car in the branch offices anymore, so it looks like things are changing a little now

2. J Man

J Man
    from Angola, IN

Being that my state does not accept them, why would I waste my time calling them when I can just ask here.

3. brokenspoke

brokenspoke

Well it just might hurt it for someone else...another title service has been shut down already...

4. T-Time

T-Time
    from USA

More details, please.

5. 53sled

53sled
    from KCMO

Works in Missouri. A guy I know with a 53 chevy told me. ;)

6. I used International Title Service out of Las Vegas for my 31 pickup project...all I had was a frame and body. I enlisted the help of a local police officer for the VIN verification, once that was done the rest was easy. I believe Broadway is similiar, you sell the car to an Alabama entity, who in turn sells it back to you. You recieve a bill of sale etc.

Worked great in California, not sure about TN though

7. Harris

Harris

Therein lies my problem, no VIN. Any ideas?

8. yep. I've dealt with them and they take a while. I did 4 vehicles over the past 3 years with them but now I use International Title Service out of Vegas and its basically the same but only takes 2-3 weeks if you fax it all in instead of snail mail.

http://www.its-titles.com/

9. Theopwk

Theopwk
    from Spokane WA

I found a local title service to take care of it for me. I dropped off my truck, he had the 2 inspections done, did the paperwork, and when it was all said and done, he issued me a title, in my name, from his office. Cost $300.00, all legit, nothing shady about it.

10. It is in your name but uses the address of the title service since they do all the red tape for you. Its an official State of Alabama title when you get it, then you take it to the DMV and get it transferred into your state. (if your state is approved) I did 3 of my cars all at once through ITS and had them all registered at the DMV. Just put down you paid around $500 so the taxes wont be high and your set. The whole process took 3 weeks start to finish.

My DMV is familiar with ITS so it wasnt a problem at all. Apparently people use the servive quite often. The criteria is it can only be used for vehicles 1975 and older which for us is a no brainer.

I dont know about where you live but ITS works like a charm in Texas. $150 per vehicle.

11. Yes, it used to be a pain in the ass, but not recently. Proof of serial number, proof of weight, reciept, usual reggie form, two NYS DMV forms with some info and signatures, no notary needed, get plates on the spot.

12. J Man

J Man
    from Angola, IN

I am guessing that is the issue with OH not liking them. Thanks for answering my question.

13. 6-71

6-71

I got info from Broadway title last year.You must have a VIN to get a title through them.

14. kurts49plym

kurts49plym
    from IL

I'm from IL. Broadway title saved me a couple times. If local DMVs had their sxit together they could make that money instead. Great experience with Broadway.

15. torchmann

torchmann
    BANNED
    from Omaha, Ne

Nothing illegal about registering the car in a state you are not in. power of attorney gives someone the right to do it in your name and if the person is a bona-fide process agent for you then their office is legally your address in that state.