Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Brizio’s visit today

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ct1932ford, Dec 1, 2021.

1. I would check out Bill Ganahl's place, South City Rod and Custom

2. Work In Progress

Work In Progress

Sadly, I think Gotelli is moving again. Their San Bruno store's land was sold to a developer. I saw a sign in the window last month and I think it said San Mateo, but I can't remember for sure.

chryslerfan55, Stogy and loudbang like this.
  3. Bummer. Haven't been there since they were at the original location, don't really need much from them for what I do. My first purchase from them was a Grant steering wheel and adapter for my first car back in 1998.

4. Work In Progress

Work In Progress

My first visit was in the late 80s when the old man did my heads for an OT Pontiac. Hopefully they will find a good, long term home.

chryslerfan55, Stogy and loudbang like this.
  5. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

went to his last open house, pretty cool shop

Stogy, loudbang and ct1932ford like this.
  6. Thanks for posting this Mark, enjoy the nice weather before you go back home. HRP

ct1932ford, Stogy and loudbang like this.
  7. verde742

verde742

Roy really is the BEST, !!!!!

Thanks for pictures

8. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Been a whole lot of Excellence come out from inside those walls...had to be a trippy experience and when you get to meet these Craftsman personally with a tour...even better...thanks for sharing CT...

9. Rramjet1

Rramjet1

Stopped in a few years ago with some of my buddies on a trip to the roadster show. Had lunch with Roy at the Basque center nearby. The best Osobuco I’ve ever had.

loudbang and ct1932ford like this.
  10. The black sedan outside belongs to my brother Dan Carroll. He's been working for Roy for about 2 years now. It's a neat car.

ct1932ford and chryslerfan55 like this.
  11. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

Barn find 3 window belongs to a custom machine shop operator out of the Portland area. The coupe was plucked from a large private collection of original cars in Lincoln Nebraska. They left the outside alone with a new Brizio chassis with 350/350, new wheels and a Sid's interior. You can see the build on Roy's website under Rods In Progress.

12. Fitnessguy

Fitnessguy

Thanks for sharing. Most of the big builders are just car guys like us, they've just turned it into a biz and had success. I've dealt with many NHL players in my industry including some hall of famers and they're just normal dudes and I've always treated them as such which I know they appreciate. We all put our pants on one leg at a time..

13. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Mark "Briz" Brizlawn is a long time Slo Pok and one hell of a nice guy. I just hung with him at Rod Run last weekend. Here he is selling his wares at the swap meet area. Not much room on his windscreen for more Bonneville stickers.
    upload_2022-9-14_14-10-48.png

14. I agree, that sedan was just right.

Kevin Carroll likes this.