Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods British Members Rides and projects

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by JezC, Jan 16, 2017.

1. JezC

JezC

P1140047.JPG Dont know if this has been done before ,Just an idea ,post em up
    Here,s mine

2. Cool! I travel over there every June. Is there any hot rodders up in the North east, Middlesbrough area?

I usually fly into London and take a train to the North, but this year I'm flying into Edinburgh and taking the train South.

Scott Mannion and stillrunners like this.
  3. carl.p

carl.p
    from grimsby uk

Last edited: Sep 28, 2017
  4. Stueeee

Stueeee
    from Kent, UK

My Truck
    [​IMG]

'28 4 banger Chevy Phaeton

[​IMG]

5. brepil

brepil

6. ^^^Wow, this rocks.

Can't wait to see more English rides.

JezC likes this.
  7. southcross2631

southcross2631

You brits build American hot rods and I build Morris Minor hot rods. Maybe we are on the wrong side of the pond.

Clay Belt, carl.p and JezC like this.
  8. Here's my project.
    Charlie. 056.JPG

9. Raiman1959

Raiman1959

I travel to Edinburgh, Scotland every other year off & on....and I have ''oftentimes'' seen a black 34' Ford Coupe on the roads near & around Leith...with wide whitewalls & a rake with attitude,.... a nice engine exhaust from always a distance. I've not had opportunity see it up close, except it drives by FAST, and yet....''this'' car stands out in my mind, because it is so awesome and so unexpected when it just ''shows up''. Maybe the car is on the HAMB....and if so, "I have enjoyed your car'' who ever you may be!!!.... far away from my own home, and it being so elusive...adds to the mystery!!! I'll try and run faster next time I see it from the sidewalk:D

hotrodtodd1960 likes this.
  10. Stueeee

Stueeee
    from Kent, UK

Well, before I got the two Chevys in post #4 I built this, it didn't look quite so tidy after I had used it for a couple of years while building a garage workshop and restoring my Victorian era house ......
    [​IMG]

11. Great post.....thanks for letting us see some really nice looking cars ! Instead of those stupid threads like what was the first girl's name that rode in your first hot car.....

pat59 and cactus1 like this.
  12. Trad V8

Trad V8
    from Edinburgh

Not sure what years you might be talking about here, but I live in Leith and own a black '34 3w as per my avatar, but, a very big but, it hasn't been on the road since around 2001, so it might not be me. But I do not know of another black '34 coupe with whitewalls in Edinburgh, or even further afield. My mate does have a really nice '33 5w, dark blue, raked but blackwalls that has been on the road for about 3 years. So if the dates might be correct then it could well be me. And the coupe is currently being re-commisioned and will be back on the road this year, so if you are going to be in Edinburgh drop me a PM and we will see if we can meet and show you some local rods close up, and not just from afar. Dougie

13. Raiman1959

Raiman1959

Thanks for replying....I was in Edinburgh for 8 months in 2001...and it very well could have been you I saw ''first'' and made such an impression....I remember seeing that car at the odd time so unexpectedly and always caught me off guard showing up on the road, and distinctly remember the whitewalls, and a rake with attitude...was a nice, nice looking car! That said...I ''may have'' possibly combined the two cars, and saw your mates ''dark blue'' and assumed it was the same car from a distance in passing past couple years, although I was in Edinburgh 2006 as well, and saw another 34' a few times, but it didn't seem like the same car to me...just a feeling I got, no whitewalls, and no rake....like I mentioned, I only caught a glimpse of it zipping by unexpectedly, but couldn't mistake the engine exhaust sound. I am probably sure it was your car initially...if your car was on the road within the 8 months I was in Edinburgh in 2001....I was always out enjoying Leith and the surrounding area.....totally left a big smile on my face seeing that car....That's really cool...after all these years to still have your car in my mind as a great memory. I will indeed PM you when I travel to Edinburgh this next year...I'd love to see it up close...best of wishes getting it back on the road....... Take care;)

Last edited: Jan 18, 2017
  14. Dougie,
    Charlie here on Skye. Have you still got that 904 box. if so, do you still want to deal??
    Charlie.

15. Trad V8

Trad V8
    from Edinburgh

Hi Charlie, yes & yes - check your email, assuming you're still on the same one. If you don't get an email PM your current info via here.

Nice to hear back from you, :)

16. junkyardgenius

junkyardgenius
    from Kernow

My wife,s pickup
    IMG_0440.JPG And my 34 DSCF0967.JPG

Lepus, chop job, Splitbudaba and 4 others like this.
  17. Truxdelux..... I'd recommend deleting your e-mail from your last post and sending it to Dougie in a PM....... unless you like spam.

Dougie...... do you have any photos of your 3W prior to parking in 2001? Would love to see a photo or two. Good luck with the resurrection.

Allan

Clay Belt likes this.
  18. lonejacklarry

lonejacklarry
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I think you left out a word toward the end.

Clay Belt likes this.
  19. Thanks Al. Done.
    Charlie.

20. Trad V8

Trad V8
    from Edinburgh

OK, here's how my '34 looked back in around 1999, through to 2003 (not 2001) when I took her off the road.

[​IMG]

21. model.A.keith

model.A.keith

22. japchris

japchris
    from England

My rod -
    [​IMG]
    My project -
    [​IMG]

23. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

Cool - Thanks - some wild rides

24. Trad V8

Trad V8
    from Edinburgh

And here's my cousin's '35 cab and his neighbour Dave's '32 5w

[​IMG]

mgtstumpy and Scott Mannion like this.
  25. Scott Mannion

Scott Mannion
    from Scotland

Those look familiar...:)

26. dave 62 pb

dave 62 pb

My collection 1962 Vauxhall Cresta (avitar car ) and the 1964 J5 Bedford dump truck 030.JPG

KiWinUS and Nads like this.
  27. dave 62 pb

dave 62 pb

59 Edsel Ranger IMG_1152.JPG IMG_1153.JPG IMG_1154.JPG

chevy57dude likes this.
  28. dave 62 pb

dave 62 pb

Safari caravan IMG_0004.JPG IMG_0005 (1).JPG IMG_0005 (1).JPG IMG_0004.JPG IMG_0005 (1).JPG

Nads likes this.
  29. rovertenrod

rovertenrod

Here's my 1937 Rover IMG_0925.JPG IMG_0926.JPG IMG_0944.JPG

Nads likes this.
  30. Jimbo17

Jimbo17

Thanks for sharing the cool car projects photo's.
    Jimbo

HotRodDean likes this.