Register now to get rid of these ads!

Motion Pictures Bringing One Back From the Dead...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jive-Bomber, Nov 10, 2022.

1. Jive-Bomber

Jive-Bomber

Jive-Bomber submitted a new blog post:

Bringing One Back From the Dead...

[​IMG]

Continue reading the Original Blog Post

warbird1, Thor1, tractorguy and 7 others like this.
  2. "All that electrical stuff leaves me cold. I like 27-liter aero engines with stubby exhaust. It's much more fun as far as I'm concerned.":D:cool:

Outback, Thor1, Spooky and 1 other person like this.
  3. wheeldog57

wheeldog57

"If you could bring back a hot rod from the dead. . . ?" That's a really good question.
    So many to choose from but I immediately thought of a local hero back in the day. He had a wicked Chevy 11. Very wicked. It was a 65 with a violent motor in it. He had "Novadose" in big letters down the side of it. That car met its end in town when it caught fire. The fire department showed up and the owner said "let it burn." They did and now it's gone

4. Since the subject is cars with airplane engines, anything that had an Allison V-12 in it would work for me - is Jim Lytle's chopped '34 still extant? How about Fiat Topolino with four Allisons in it? Is that one still around? It was never subtle, so I can't imagine how one might have misplaced it.

Outback and Just Gary like this.

5. When it comes to racecars that people have been killed in the need to be cut up, and left that way or in the case left buried.

6. chiro

chiro
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

"Bringing one back from the dead"...AND BURIED. Just...wow.
    Andy

7. QuakeMonkey

QuakeMonkey

What an incredible history! Thanks for sharing.

jimpopper likes this.
  8. Sebastian Taylor

Sebastian Taylor

I'm glad that someone looked at the rotted car and thought hey that makes a fantastic restoration project. Which makes it all the more impressive when someone finishes it and gets it running and driving. That's my favorite part of the car hobby is when it looks like hell still give it a fair try and who knows it will be a heck of a lot of fun when your done.