So I haven't started a thread before and figured I'd go ahead and do one on bringing my 39 back out of its slumber. I bought this 39 standard Tudor last spring and had it stored till I could get it in the garage. The story I got with it was that it had been somewhat hot rodded in 61 or 62 and driven sparingly until 78' or 79' and I was the 4th owner. The 3rd owner had only had it for few months and had wanted to make it into some type of prostreet abortion. Luckily the Camaro subframe he bought for the front looked like to much work for him and decided he wanted a Nova instead. Luckily he had not done anything to the car other than rip the original door panels off and throw them away. Other than that it was basically untouched since the late 70's and had always been inside. If the story is correct, then it got a 1960 283 swapped into it with a Hurst adapter to the original 3 speed and some home brewed side mounts. When the flathead was swapped out the guy that did it must have been a plumber because it has the craziest exhaust I have ever seen. They took the rams horn manifolds and welded the outlets closed then proceeded to weld theaded pipe right into the side of the manifolds and the rest of the exhaust screws together with threaded pipe!!! Once it makes it under the car it turns into threaded aluminum pipe with mufflers clamped to it and aluminum tail pipes that run all the way out under the rear bumper. I pulled the valve covers on the 283 and was blown away at how clean it looked. So I proceeded to pull the intake same deal! It looked almost as clean as a new Gm crate motor. So because of how clean it looks inside I decided to see if I can get it running before I Yank it out and start with the real build. I'll update as I go but I hope to have it fired up buy next week.