Register now to get rid of these ads!

breeder,this sucks

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by xderelict, Jun 16, 2011.

1. Damn it hurts to watch that video clip. Shit like that shouldn't happen to good folks like the Reeds.

2. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

TRYIN to load pics forgot I could on this jj app[​IMG]
    Poor old 59 took a hit
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    View out the back door! Don't think the crops will make it lol
    [​IMG]
    Very random I know but I'll do a play by play once i get on my home pc
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

[​IMG]
    Road to house
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Trees on west side of house. East side is way worse
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Our gravel road is under that water
    [​IMG]
    Anyone wanna tuneup my mower? K,I'm outta steam for today!

4. 1950ChevySuburban

1950ChevySuburban
    Member Emeritus
    from Tucson AZ

Damn! Thats a lot of clean-up to do. Not much of that road left. Any idea how soon you can get back in?

5. xderelict

xderelict
    Member Emeritus

Please check out the stickys to help breeder out.

6. You've got some work ahead of you, those pics are pretty nasty. Best of luck to you.

7. Wow, that is alot of mud...glad family is safe and the house is good too. Keep your chin up!

8. CLM

CLM

Sorry to hear this Breeder. Let us know when the waters down and your to the point you can start cleanup. I am sure we can gather several guys from the St Louis/St Charles area to come up for a weekend and help dig out and cleanup.

9. pan-dragger

pan-dragger

10. carmak

carmak

Breeder,
    As bad as it sucks right right now it will get better.

My yard, cars and buildings have been flooded 3 time in the 17 years I have lived out in the country. In 2008 it got my house and I was out 3 months.

Things like lawn mowers and tractors can be drained/cleaned and running even if they sit for a couple weeks. The key is to leave them full until you are ready to get them running. I got a 318 running that sat full of water for nearly 6 months.

Wash the mud out of your parts cars.

Things like your air compressor may also be saved.

I got a few gallons of used motor oil and pickled things I could not get to right away.

Below are some pictures of a flood from 2009. In 2008 none of these cars were visible when the river crested.

Carmak
    Riverside, Iowa

P.S. That rotten mud smell will go away but it takes a long time.

Attached Files:

11. PeteFromTexas

PeteFromTexas

OH CRAP!!!! DAMN that sucks. Has someone started a fund raiser to help him out??

12. aldixie

aldixie

Thats crap. Hang in there and recover what you can. Thoughts and Prayers.

13. slammed

slammed

Yes, there are auctions right now and something else in the works. Say a prayer, drop a dime if you can, for the man they call Breeder.

14. vivamcfly

vivamcfly
    from Leander

Man! what a drag, Glad to hear you and your family are safe. Your in our prayers.

15. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

Man..I cant even imagine what this must be like

be safe

16. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

Well, I'm out! Commissioners said NO till the levee is fixed! Brought I'n a dozer tonight to get the road passable but they got it stuck! Soon as they can get my road cleared , we will gut the dump! Every time I think it's. Getting better , I get one to the sack, so I guess I'm done! Last guess on fixing the levee was next year! Loading my shit inna semi and gonna see what happens! I feel beat down right now! Hope there just being dramatic and I'll b back I'n a few months, but it's the government so who knows! I'll live! Never had it take my shit, but I've lived here for 40 yrs! They don't scare me! I can go days without a bath! ;)
    Todd

17. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

Ps, thx again for the auctions! U guys r great! Luv to ya all!

18. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

19. I second this for all effected. Todd, so sorry for your loss.
    These are troubling times for a lot of people; hope lots of
    prayers will help ease and comfort those
    who have been through so much. Be strong.

20. 296 V8

296 V8
    BANNED
    from Nor~Cal

Man I don’t know what to say that hasn’t been said ………. sincerely hopein things shape up for you man.

21. Sorry to hear.....that's a bummer. My prayers are with you! Hang tough!

22. GARY?

GARY?

Just found this thread. Was wondering what the auctions were all about.
    . Dang!!

The best to you,Gary

23. THE_DUDE

THE_DUDE

Breeder, Sir your are a role model. I would have lost my mind . Way to keep positive.

24. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

Well, it's far from over bud, and everyday gets a lil more ....well, let's just say, I'm getting a lil greener and bout ready to throw army tanks around! :)

Thanks all, you are too kind!
    The county is doing a good job of trying to help! There bringing I'n 6 loads of gravel just so I can get to my house and move my stuff! Knowing full well the first 2 inch rain will wash it all away! Gonna get a semi I'n there and empty the house and a couple wagons I'n for all the mud soaked shit! Calling for rain for the next 3 days so I hope I can get a crew together to get it out for the stupid river messes it up! I the road blows out again, I'm hosed! So as soon as the roads passable, it's on like donkey kong!

25. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

Good luck to you Todd. I sure hope things turn around for you guys. We too are having our issues with a levee that is suppose to protect our town of 200 residents. No floods now but we've had three man made ones within the last 8 years. They back up flood waters to protect the Ohio River residents to the south and this 70 year old levee is about to cave.
    my prayers are with ya.

http://www.timesreporter.com/commun...-to-play-large-role-in-decision-on-Zoar-levee
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/jaa59/2349995934/in/photostream/

http://www.wkyc.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=85740

Last edited: Jun 24, 2011
  26. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

Good luck I'n ur woods to Pete! Floors and drought... Can't we just meet I'n the middle? Ugh!

Roads temp patched! Went I'n n got some stuff last eve..now, STORMS! can't catch a damn break on this silly damn weather pattern! Gonna get a semi I'n there round noon and move out the house goods...that's if it doesn't rain hard to the north! This may b the only day to get this done...calling for severe weather tonight! The weatherman is only rit when ya don't want him to be! Well, I'd better get ready for the day....do a DON'T RAIN dance gang! Lol

27. jangleguy

jangleguy

Hey Todd - I'm dancin' for ya. Saving your stuff would be a nice bonus to the REAL news: That you guys are safe and sound.

Prayers of acceptance to all affected by the weather...

28. Finnrodder

Finnrodder
    from Finland

That really sucks,i hope this will be over soon.
    Its good to see that here is people who are helping you with auctions,keep up the good work guys and gals!

29. ME.GASSER

ME.GASSER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Breeder,
    Is there any kind of care package that we can put together for you and your family. I know you don't miss the everyday things until you don't have them.

30. Rudebaker

Rudebaker
    from Illinois

Breeder, my friends shop got flooded a few years ago and some of my power tools were in muddy oily "sewage" for several days. He threw his away, I hosed mine out with water until the mud stopped coming out, blew them out with air real good and poured the WD-40 to them until it was running out and let them sit a few days. I tested each one on an outlet with a Ground Fault Interupter "just in case". That was 11 or 12 years ago, I'm still using them.