Register now to get rid of these ads!

Breaking out to my street rod roots!!

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Asphalt-Pirate, Nov 26, 2012.

1. What's up fellas! Name's Randy. 29 years old from small town Middlesex, N.C. I've come to realize I'm a street rodder trapped in a mini-truckers body, lol. I grew up being around muscle cars and street rods my pops always acquired. More Camaros, Chevelles, Novas and C-10s more than anything. From my teenage years I got into mini-trucks and have been building my 88' Toyota p/u every since. But the older I've gotten the more I wanna get back to my roots and build something old. So I acquired a 59 Apache from my uncle so it's time to roll with it. Guess I'll start another thread with the Apache. But that's pretty much me summed up. Looking forward to getting to know everybody and learn something new everyday!! :cool:

2. 117harv

117harv

Wecome from so. Oregon.

3. Here's a few pics of my Toyota for shits and giggles. It's bagged, body dropped, 04 Tacoma front end, suicide doors, Ford Fairlane dash, every panel has been shaved or altered in some shape or fashion

Attached Files:

4. Here's my Apache I dug out of a field

Attached Files:

• chev.jpg
      chev.jpg
      File size:
      125.6 KB
      Views:

5. More chevy less rice ... welcome from CA.

6. welcome... a word from the wise, lose the pics of the yota or you will be flamed around here sooner than you know. the 59 looks cool... what style of build you going after?

7. Hahaha, yeah I know. Just for shits and giggles and to show I'm not a complete rookie on building shit, lol

8. Haha, it's cool I can handle it....

You know I'm not exactly sure yet on the style. It's sitting in my backyard right now and I spent a good while yesterday staring at it. I'm just gonna start gathering parts and getting everything together. I need a fender, tailgate, backglass and side glass. I do know I'm ready to cruise the hell out of it!! lol

9. Agreed. You have building shit down pat.

10. Haha, thanks man!! Hopefully the experience on that will make the build on the Apache go much more smooth!!