Register now to get rid of these ads!

Break dancing ?!?!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Sphynx, Sep 9, 2012.

1. Sphynx

Sphynx
    from Central Fl

Question as follow: I have a 1954 Chevy pickup with disc break conversion on the front and drum in the rear. I used a Speedway master cylinder and peddle "universal" floor mount. It has all new break lines hoses wheel cylinders. Now my problem is when the peddle is applied it stays down. It will not come back up. I have bled the breaks a couple of times and I am not getting any air out of the lines. Anyone know something I am missing. Also it seems like the front breaks are the only ones working. I am not able to drive ot more than about 200 ft right now as the trucks body is in pieces for body work and paint so I really cant tell if the rear breaks are engagging. Any help would be would be appreciated thanks in advance.

2. Sphynx

Sphynx
    from Central Fl

3. luckyuhaul

luckyuhaul

Did you install the return spring? There is something about that in the .PDF instructions for the pedal assembly.

4. You have BRAKES and a PEDAL

5. luckyuhaul

luckyuhaul

6. unfortunately if you cant tell if the back brakes are engaging, its going to be harder for us to tell ONLINE. If only the disc brakes are engaging, and they aren't dragging, they wont move the pedal back out.

7. Sphynx

Sphynx
    from Central Fl

Haha thanks man that helped. I need to adjust rear shoes and a return spring. Now I am stopping on a dime and giving change.