Register now to get rid of these ads!

Brass Rear Spring Bushings.. Who's got 'em?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jonnyhotrod, Jun 22, 2007.

1. Jonnyhotrod

Jonnyhotrod

After I wrapped up my rear end and disassembled the car, I noticed that the reddish colored shackle bushings were cracked and had chunks missing out of them. The spring is a Posies SuperGlide "A" hooked up to '36 bolt-on perch mounts. A couple of weeks ago I saw someone online was offering brass bushings to replace these nylon bushings. If anyone has a contact or knows of were I could find some quality bushings whether they be brass of not without having to buy the assembly, I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

Jonny

2. Andy

Andy

Just go to a bearing supply store. I have replaced the plastic ones for oil lite brass ones. I at one time made springs and I installed brass bushings in all of them. I used 1/2 ID X 3/4 OD X 1 long They had a flange so they were the same size as the plastic ones just longer. I cut them down as required.