Register now to get rid of these ads!

Brake troubles on a 39 Ford pu

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Don Martin, Feb 24, 2012.

1. Don Martin

Don Martin
    from West Tenn

Working out the bugs on my 39 shop truck. Brakes get soft after a few days. Under floor m/c with booster. Duel m/c front disc rear drums. I have residual valves in place. Always get alot of air in the rear when I bleed brakes. Replaced the m/c yesterday. Did'nt help, no pedal. About to get ticked off. I don't let things beat me but about ready to install swing pedal and firewall mount m/c. Don't like the look but if they work I will get use to it. Any help or advice is welcome.

2. rd martin

rd martin
    from indiana

get ahold of ralph from eci brakes. he is as sharp as they come on brakes. he will ask you some questions. master bore size, caliper type and size, rotor size, etc. google eci they will gey ya going.

3. fordor41

fordor41

Sounds like you have a leak. Back off all fittings and retighten a couple times to seat them. "Ralph at ECI"- he once told me that if I ran two brake lines of different lenghts that the shorter line would cause one brake to apply before the one with the longer line !! Still want to call Ralph?