Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Brake switch question 50 Merc

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Leadsled612, Dec 14, 2010.

1. 1950 Mercury custom brake question.Where does the brake switch go?...I have a power booster installed. I am running drum/drum w/o proportioning valve. I plumbed the front brakes already. No instructions with the unit...the original had the switch out the back of the m.cylinder. Anything I am missing? Please help.

Attached Files:

2. newsomtravis

newsomtravis
    from pville, ca

hydraulic switch? put a T in one of the lines and put it where ever you want, preferably close to the master and the most of the wiring.....at least thats my opinion......

3. you need to put a "t" in line to screw the switch in. buy a 1/8 " pipe "t" with two flare adapters to match your brake lines.

4. Do they sell just generic switches?

5. DrJ

DrJ

Use a '57± Chevy truck mechanical lever switch screwed to the bottom of the floorboard.
    About $6 or so at NAPA.
    That's what I did, I bought a handfull of them for future needs.

6. newsomtravis

newsomtravis
    from pville, ca

yeah, a couples of different types of connectors, so, just use a short brake line, get a T with your switch with flares n 2 sides and then hook it up........i have 2 different styles on 2 of my cars, one with male spades and one with male bullet style......so....u can kinda chose what ya want......

7. GassersGarage

GassersGarage

Check the Ron Francis web site. They have hydraulic and manual switches. I used the low pressure hydraulic switch in my '32.

8. Everyone, Thanks for the info! a real help!

9. if you use a hydraulic switch get a Weatherhead # 652X3 fitting. it has 3/16 inverted flare two ways for your brake lines and 1/8" NPT on the third port to screw in the switch

10. toadyoty

toadyoty
    from Warm Beach

^^^^^^^^^^^ding,ding,ding,ding^^^^^^^^^

WINNER!