Register now to get rid of these ads!

brake shoe part numbers ?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by PORTERVILLE, Jun 8, 2009.

1. I need help identifing some old brake shoe part numbers

i have several hundreds, "plural" of nos western auto, "wizard 30 month" brand brake shoe's

they are all shoes no pads

some have 1973 inspection stamps on the boxes

few are labeled what cars they fit new'est looks to be 1969

i need a way ,book,website, or contact to cross referance the part #s to what they fit ?

Any help will be greatly apreciated and may lead to some free brake shoes for some hambers thanks.

2. You need to get a copy of a FMSI Brake Lining, Brake Shoe and Clutch Facing Automotive Data Book.
    They are available from Friction Materials Standards Institute, Inc. 588 Monroe Tpke, Monroe, CT 06468. Try to get a Library Edition, they go back the farthest.
    With this material you can identify any Brake Shoe & Disc Pad ever produced.
    HemiDeuce.

3. rusty28a

rusty28a

HemiDeuce is right on! You can also try to find an old/established parts store that has old copies to donate to your cause. My old buddy Cecil always said, "young whippers need to stay away from the old books"! How right he is. Good luck on the inventory!

4. wow !

this is problably what it felt like when they started reading the dead sea scrolls!

i will catalog and post asap thanks again.

5. Just for the hell of it google some part numbers. I've noticed some of the store-brand shoes use the same or similar ID numbers as some of the more expensive ones.

I have the same problem with a bunch of bearings and seals, but they're new enough I think if I really wanted I could look the numbers up on Rock Auto or Napa's websites, sometimes that's another option too.

6. JohnEvans

JohnEvans
    from Phoenix AZ

Post up a few of the part numbers.