Register now to get rid of these ads!

Brake pipe clips for diff

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 54velox, May 4, 2009.

1. 54velox

54velox
    from Australia

HI All,

I'm currently in the process of building up a 28 Ford Hiboy Roadster. I've been installing brake pipes and have just bent them up to run across the front of the diff to either side.

I'm looking for ideas on a neat way to clip them to the diff housing. The factory way, was metal tabs that were bent up to hold the pipes. These were not the most attractive method.

Any ideas on neater ways to hold them?

Pictures would be good.

I look forward to any advice you may have.

Cheers

2. Sorry this is the only pic I have, obviously not exactly clear. I use little tabs welded to the diff drilled and tapped to take 3/16 insulated line clamps (P-clamps, Adel clamps etc).

Attached Files:

• diff.jpg
      diff.jpg
      File size:
      288.9 KB
      Views:
  3. lakeroadster

lakeroadster
    from *

Another approach is to run the line across the rear crossmember and put a flex line at each end. That way the hard line isn't fastened to the rear differential.

Attached Files:

4. Are you using a small diameter flex line?

I think I'm looking in the right place, the flex lines come in from the rear?

5. i remove the factory clips because they are never in the right place. then use adel or nylon clamps like X38...but i just drill and tap 10-32 right into the housing. two will usually do it.

6. lakeroadster

lakeroadster
    from *

Yep those are the lines.

7. Got a different view of the area?

From here, it looks like solid brake tubing going from frame to wheel cylinder.

I'm used to seeing the fat reinforced rubber brake lines.

And admit, I could be behnd the times in the brake line dept....

8. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

Thats a slick Idea

9. 54velox

54velox
    from Australia

Thank you for your replys.

I already have the pipes bent up so I want to use them. I have moved them from the rear of the diff to the front, so you can't see them from behind.

I didn't think of using "p" clips. I think I'll use them as they appear to be a neat solution in the pics.

Any other neat ideas out there?