Register now to get rid of these ads!

brake line problem

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by jamesperkins416, Feb 7, 2012.

1. ok, sounds like you inherited all of that.
    There's a bazzillion parallel leaf straight axle cars out there with a proven solution to each and every one of those problems.

I can understand saving some money but it sounds like it cost the PO money because he couldn't solve the problems, and you are spending all that you saved trying to figure out how to be smarter than the PO and fix his headache. All because someone had a 193x axle to use and didn't want to buy/trade/get a 2 leaf straight axle.

You can do it I'm sure, it will be neat if you can sort it out -thats for sure.

2. And the brake line problem that he originally asked about :rolleyes:

3. jimvette59

jimvette59

When I first found my 34 3 window coupe it was a race car with a ?4" dago axle reversed, yes the king pin inclination was reversed and had a 6" block of aluminum above the spring. With this setup you could run the calipers on top and shorten the lines. Just kidding but the car was setup like that. LOL

4. HotRod31

HotRod31

I would suggest you rotate the bracket up so the caliper is about 10:00 or 2:00 depending on how you look at it. ( I know you said you tried every location but I am talking about drilling 4 new holes in the bracket so you have more flexability)

Later, Mark

5. choke

choke

One way to shorten the flex lines is to come out of the caliper w/ hard line. TIG weld a bracket w/ silicone bronze rod. Run your flex line from the top of the caliper. We did this on a car with a similar problem. fixed it with no side effects!!!! Also we ran overload shocks to help the lean when cornering. We tried to put an anti-roll bar on , but it didn't look right. Kind of gives it thar "PURE HELL" look!!!!!

Attached Files:

6. Thanks much CHOKE took your advice not beautifull but works great.

Attached Files:

7. el caballo loco

el caballo loco
    from colorado

Is it me or aren't those calipers supposed to be located 180 degrees from where they are now?

8. carcrazyjohn

carcrazyjohn
    from trevose pa

Looked and came up with no ideas,,,,,,,,,Id paint the whole suspension Black a semi gloss black ,Shocks also and hoses and just live wth it,,,,,,,