Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Brake line material

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Gearhead Graphics, Mar 9, 2020.

1. Gearhead Graphics

Gearhead Graphics
    from Denver Co

About to start plumbing brakes on the bucket. Looking for input on line material. I know there have been threads before, but im not searching right today I guess.

Something somewhat easy to bend, I'm decent at bending, but can always use help. Something that I can polish up a little since a lot of it will be visible.

Nickle Copper?

2. oldiron 440

oldiron 440

3. razoo lew

razoo lew
    from Calgary

Hey, search the HAMB for Nicop brake lines, there are quite a few threads on the subject, most everybody likes that material. Also search for Cunifer (same stuff different name I think).

VANDENPLAS and LAROKE like this.
  4. Use the NICOP line, it polishes up nice is very easy to bend and flare. I have used it to do 3 different complete brake lines jobs with. I wont use anything else. I would recommend getting the appropriate stone guard for it in stainless.. Makes a nice contrast to line and in my mind should be required to protect t0 the lines. And its cheap now. Amazon will send it right to your door.

https://www.amazon.com/Copper-Nicke...&qid=1583782557&sprefix=Nicop+,aps,265&sr=8-3

https://www.amazon.com/Copper-Nicke...qid=1583782557&sprefix=Nicop+,aps,265&sr=8-14

David Gersic and LAROKE like this.

5. OLDSMAN

OLDSMAN
    BANNED

Use nicop easy to bend, and like has been said is easy to polish if you wish

6. Beanscoot

Beanscoot

I don't recall the exact thread, but there was some discussion about the copper nickel line and the gist was that one of the brands is a very slight bit thicker and formed flares better.

Stainless is difficult to bend and double flare.

VANDENPLAS likes this.
  7. Gearhead Graphics

Gearhead Graphics
    from Denver Co

Thanks guys I thought NICOP was what Id seen on here before, but wanted to make sure. @Nailhead Jason THANKS! The links are a huge help. The stainless guard on it would look good

8. alchemy

alchemy

I used that Nicop stuff on a car and found it very wiggly. If I use it again it will require twice as many clamps as regular steel line.

Gearhead Graphics likes this.
  9. OLDSMAN

OLDSMAN
    BANNED

With stainless you can’t double flare, there are special fittings that don’t require a double flair

10. 8726679A-18CF-4E31-823A-9DE3B2802CDE.jpeg Here is a pic of the stone guard on the Nicop line when putting my 39 together. It’s worth the extra bucks to use it.