Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs brake line advice

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by worn shoes, Aug 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

^^^^^^^^^^ That depends on what thread size/pitch was in the Tee.

2. worn shoes

worn shoes

If I run into trouble i'll holler at you after the holiday.

3. worn shoes

worn shoes

I just got a knock on the door and it was the mail man. Got my correct T make for my Ford. When I take his work apart i'll take pics for we can see what might have gone wrong.

4. unkledaddy

unkledaddy

You'll have it squared away in no time.
    When you make chicken soup outta chicken poop take lots of pictures for us.

worn shoes likes this.
  5. worn shoes

worn shoes

20150820_163549.jpg 20150820_172526.jpg 20150820_174034.jpg
    Started the redemption journey. Decided to replace both wheel cylinders with new ones. Adaptors had been used and had no idea if the JB and Teflon monster lurked inside. So far the rear driver side had no foreign plumber surprises. Tomorrow I'll work on the rear pass side. My back hurts and its hot.

6. Good effort, looking forward to seeing the rest.

daddio211, volvobrynk and worn shoes like this.
  7. I hope your new "T" is correct..... Assuming 3/16 lines outward,but the top? I hope you took it apart a lil to see what size the top(hose fitting was/will be) was.... T's come in variety,and applications might not work with what you have going.... just saying. Ain't nothing like having mis-matched sizes when your ready to do the job! Maybe just for kicks- have an adapter fitting for the T to the hose for "just in case".....Hate to see ya go through the trouble and say F$#%! Better to have a lil extra,than not enough........:) Knock it out!

8. worn shoes

worn shoes

It'sOTE="INVISIBLEKID, post: 11127430, member: 16079"]I hope your new "T" is correct..... Assuming 3/16 lines outward,but the top? I hope you took it apart a lil to see what size the top(hose fitting was/will be) was.... T's come in variety,and applications might not work with what you have going.... just saying. Ain't nothing like having mis-matched sizes when your ready to do the job! Maybe just for kicks- have an adapter fitting for the T to the hose for "just in case".....Hate to see ya go through the trouble and say F$#%! Better to have a lil extra,than not enough........:) Knock it out![/QUOTE]
    Its the correct T. Its for a 49-56 Ford pass. I used the same setup for 51 ford with no issues. Test fitted everything already :) I'm replacing the whole rear set up. Fresh soft brake line, new brass T, new 3/16" double flare steel lines with steel 3/8 x 24 fittings and new wheel cylinders.

daddio211 likes this.
  9. Nice! Rock On!

worn shoes likes this.
  10. trollst

trollst

Who's the ugly one in the reflection?

11. trollst

trollst

P.s. don't forget to overcharge yourself for your time. I know it'll turn out well now, you got good friends here.

daddio211 likes this.
  12. worn shoes

worn shoes

Thanks again for the advice! Good people on here on the HAMB!

lothiandon1940 and daddio211 like this.
  13. worn shoes

worn shoes

That poor fella is made to wear a bag over his head every time his wife wants to get intimate. His name is Joel but you guys call him Worn Shoes.

-Brent-, EBW, 46Chief and 2 others like this.
  14. Clik

Clik

The first brake line replacement I ever did was on my 70 Chevy Impala. I was slowed up by the fact that the first cheapo flair tool was defective right out of the package. The second was only slightly better which made things slow but it did work. I was also slowed up by the fact that the factory plumbed those cars before the body was on, so it's impossible to follow the same route, so I had to fab new hangers. I had a through-frame fitting that I had difficulty cutting out as well. But all in all, with all the problems, I had about eight hours into it. I haven't done much brake line work but plenty of hydraulic repairs and had my own swedging equipment. JB WELD WTF? If it were me I would have given you double your money back to never ever mention that I used JB WELD ANYWHERE NEAR A BRAKE PART! REGARDLESS OF WHY. GIVE THIS GUY HIS MONEY BACK FOR THE WHOLE BRAKE JOB INCLUDING THE WASTED PARTS!

daddio211 and worn shoes like this.
  15. worn shoes

worn shoes

If you go back to page 3, He even stated it haha. We/I can always dream of that refund. I don't think it'll happen. I haven't asked and I don't think I will. It's not that i'm well off, I've just had enough!

daddio211 likes this.
  16. Budget36

Budget36

`You are a better man than I am.

worn shoes likes this.
  17. daddio211

daddio211

I'll be interested to know how much money you spend on replacement parts, and how many hours of labor you have in the repairs. Keep track and let us know please.

worn shoes likes this.
  18. worn shoes

worn shoes

I already did a bit over two hours today. At $95 bucks thats $190. Plus I charge a handicap fee for my wheelchair of $5 every time I have to get up and down on the floor. I did that 9 times so... $45 on top of my two hours. I still need the Pass. rear wheel cylinder and to run all the lines. I have about $96 bucks in parts. Already at $331 for today!

tb33anda3rd and daddio211 like this.
  19. Budget36

Budget36

Love a sense of humor!
    Wish I wasn't 7 hours away!

worn shoes and daddio211 like this.
  20. daddio211

daddio211

Yep, that's EXACTLY what I'm looking for! Damn dude, I really wish I were there to help you. I only charge $89 per hour though.

-Brent- and worn shoes like this.
  21. Did you use those pre-made lines that are flared on both ends? Those can be a big help if you can bypass the flaring. Many shops I worked in did that, kept lengths around just for that purpose. But you'll get a ton of satisfaction out of doing it yourself.. with no leaks at the end.

worn shoes likes this.
  22. mike bowling

mike bowling

I figure you're in line for a FULL refund, a major apology, and a free month's vacation in Hawaii next winter. Just trying to think of someone who can hook you up????
    Don't kill yourself fixing that mess either- call in the "Cally" HAMBERS, get some pizza and suds, and let the healing begin. Sucks you had to deal with this crap; sounds like you've got enough going on without it. Nowhere to go but up! Hang in there and good luck!

worn shoes and daddio211 like this.
  23. unkledaddy

unkledaddy

You should've had a bag over your head when you took that picture, Joel. LOL

Too bad all the posters on this thread can't be there to help you.

worn shoes likes this.
  24. worn shoes

worn shoes

I really appreciate everyone's commentary and sense of humor. I'm ok with doing it myself, it's no big deal. I just put on my best Superman outfit on and cruise around the garage. Budget36, if I didn't have humor i'd probably just flip my self onto my back like a turtle and just wait for the death. Daddio221, don't cheat yourself. I've seen your hot rod build. I know you could charge $90 an hour. Bobss396, great minds think a like. I bought the pre-made ones and hope I measured right. Mike bowling, if I get that Hawaii trip I'll bring you along to push me trough the sand. Unkledaddy, I had used all my bags. They were under my car catching the fluid from that bad "T" haha

25. mike bowling

mike bowling

Bag is packed-advise launch time, all systems go. " Delta Foxtrot" 72- niner, clear

Last edited: Aug 21, 2015
    volvobrynk and worn shoes like this.
  26. worn shoes

worn shoes

10.4 Mike. But don't hold out hope, might be wishful thinking.

27. TagMan

TagMan
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Sure wish I lived in your area. I'd be more than glad to help you for nothing - not to do it for you, but to assist you. You sound like the kind of guy I wouldn't mind cultivating as a friend and fellow hot rodder !! God bless and I hope your brake job goes along without a hitch.

Shame on Limeworks ! I certainly will never do business with them until they make things right with you.

daddio211, tb33anda3rd and worn shoes like this.
  28. worn shoes

worn shoes

Thank you for the kind words Tagman! So far all is going well. Doing the pass side and taking a break to text this.

daddio211 likes this.
  29. olscrounger

olscrounger
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I commend you for keeping your cool-I would not have been able to as Budget 36 said. This is shoddy, very poor and dangerous work that was done. I believe you are surely entitled to a large refund and apology. JB weld and goop on brake line fittings??? Hope it all works out for you--good luck!! Makes one wonder what else they have done like this. I am no pro but have installed brake systems on quite a few cars and had only minor leak/flare issues easily fixed-no excuse for what was done on your car.

30. Anything this idiot touched, should go in the garbage.

cactus1, daddio211 and worn shoes like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.