Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Brake and Clutch Pedal seal

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bert Kollar, Mar 21, 2021.

1. Bert Kollar

Bert Kollar

Could I see some pics of what you guys use around the pedal levers passing thru the carpet. My carpeting was done before I had the pedals in place and my upholsterer has moved. Are there any nice rubber seals or something. I have expensive Square weave wool carpet and I want it to look good. Thanks for your help

2. Most often the trimmer uses a piece of matching upholstery material and sews it to the inside of the hole. I'm also interested to see what gets shown as a drop in. Makes me think of the piece made for the Dimmer switch but I have never seen anything like that big enough for the pedal arms.

3. 2OLD2FAST

2OLD2FAST
    from illinois

Do you need slots for your pedals or round holes ?

4. wandi harry likes this.

5. That's a grate web sight. I'm going to order a pair of 37-38 Chrysler ones and see how they work on my F-100 pedals

6. Jute pieces under the carpet or thin rubber like on old tire tube under the carpet.

7. Bert Kollar

Bert Kollar

Thanks for the help the google site was great I need slots The rubber I can find I need trim rings for the carpet and will make them if need be I made the trim rings for the shifter and e brake

8. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

My upholsterer trimmed the holes with the leather he used to bind the carpet. This isnt the best shot but I am at work right now (cant you tell?)
    upload_2021-3-22_11-4-22.png

alanp561 and jnaki like this.
  9. Jeff J

Jeff J

Just a brake/clutch boot seal and a shifter boot seal from www.jjsrods.com photos 016.JPG 001.jpg boots 017.JPG

alanp561 likes this.
  10. Jeff J

Jeff J

go to www.jjsrods.com they have the rubber boot seals .

11. ^^^^^^^ yep what Jeff J said, best deal out there 4 sure almost air tight if installed the right way.