Register now to get rid of these ads!

Brake adapt options

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by PoRodder, Jun 1, 2016.

1. PoRodder

PoRodder
    from St. Louis

Is there no other option to get some hubs on my 42-48 ford spindles than a brake kit from speedway? I really just want to get this bucket chassis off the floor and on to some rolling stock.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using H.A.M.B. mobile app

2. Why not use the original drum brakes,they are still readily available. HRP

3. Just find some hubs that you like and adapt them yourself. Maybe tell us what you like to do brake wise that makes it easier for us to give you some ideas.

4. If you just want to get it rolling around get some scrap hubs with oversize drums. They should be cheap. Put your general location into your post and your profile and something may show up or a recommendation for sources might appear.

Charlie Stephens

5. Scott

Scott

53-56 F100 hubs and brakes with some minor tweaks. Deuce Roadster had a good write up.

6. Scott

Scott

7. If you just want to roll it around I gave you the answer in post #4. Are you also looking for a long term solution, if you are looking for the first step in a long term solution and would like suggestions on which brakes to use tell us more about your car, the wheels you are going to run, and your budget?

Charlie Stephens

8. adam401

adam401
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

35 and later (maybe 32 and later but not sure) mechanical brakes drums hubs will slide on there and turn up cheap if temporary is what your after. 36 to 38 would be in the wide five bolt pattern which may not help you Personally I'd buy some 39 (wide 5 though) or 40 and up brakes used and worry about new guts for them later. Then you've got useable stuff to work with when it's time to get past the mockup stage

9. PoRodder

PoRodder
    from St. Louis

Rears are 5 on 4 3/4 and i figure chevy would be easiest to find with what I got around. Chassis is a 23 T with 40-48 spindles on a 4" drop tube axle. F100 would fit but hard to find it seems. Is Speedway the only company that makes a kit or adapter for late model discs/ hubs? Google just shows them.