Register now to get rid of these ads!

Brag On Your Hometown

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Still Runnin, Jul 6, 2008.

1. DeVille Gal

DeVille Gal

Now the Cinematic we would have loved to been at. I would welcome the story, if the the board would want the show up in SR's pages'. If that were so, maybe you could round up some hi-res photos and jot a story of the event. Of all the shows so far my favorite is the Lead Sled show over Labor Day in Parsippany NJ.[/quote]

You will have to talk w/Ryan here on the board about the Cinematic story he is the Administrator. Believe me I am not a writer.

2. Still Runnin

Still Runnin
    from VA & FL

3. Still Runnin

Still Runnin
    from VA & FL

4. autoartistry

autoartistry

Not much to see where I live but it is only 20 min drive to Paradise or 25 min drive to the Garden of Eden.
    Mike

5. Still Runnin

Still Runnin
    from VA & FL

You know it is not always the big stuff, there is so many little nooks & cranny along some of our back roads. A great place to eat, or a hidden rock formation, water fall,
    old grave yards, junk yards, old motels. Things that make a road trip memorable.

6. I'll tell you where not to go,SOUTH CAROLINA,at least Columbia it plain sucks hence the name DEAD CITY.

7. Still Runnin

Still Runnin
    from VA & FL

Has anyone been to Roadside America in PA with all the trains?

8. bustedlifter

bustedlifter

Between Cisco and Cerro Gordo,IL. is the Grote Rod Shop, home of the world renowned Plowboy and his hotrods from Uranus.35 miles to the northeast is the best mexican food in central Illinois,La Bamba.What else do ya need?

9. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Buffalo, New York. While it does not attract too many Big shows, the small ones make up for that all summer long. Cruise nights had cars numbering in the hundreds every week and did not slow up until first snowfall. Besides that, Buffalo is like number 1 or 2 for best medium cities for art and has a great music scene. Architecture is second to none which should make for some good backgrounds.

10. chaddilac

chaddilac

I'm proud to be an Okie from Muskogee,
    A place where even squares can have a ball
    We still wave Old Glory down at the courthouse,
    And white lightnin's still the biggest thrill of all.

11. duste01

duste01

Its hard for me to call anywhere a home town; Now that's rocket science. Where I live now has lots of horses and the only corvette plant in the world, and one of great wonders of the world called mammoth cave.

12. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

wayland, mo....well it has nothing! so mark it off your travels! unless your there in may on the 30th of 09, then there be some cars and drunkerds! ;)
    btw...im still workin on stuff for ya...been busy with flood stuff, so i should have time to sendja a cd and things next week! i hope!

13. skyrodder

skyrodder

But Houston has the mosquitoes

14. Mooosman

Mooosman

Vegas, baby! Do I really need to brag it up? It's Vegas!

Gambling!
    Prostitution! (not in Vegas, but in the next county over)
    Viva Las Vegas! (the car show)
    World class drag strip AND oval track!

Nick:D
    ~Native Las Vegan~

15. Still Runnin

Still Runnin
    from VA & FL

has anyone been to the Deadwood car show?

16. Still Runnin

Still Runnin
    from VA & FL

hmmm white lightin, do you have any relatives that have stories of runnin it? Where doing a piece on moonshine.

17. Parts48

Parts48
    from Tucson, Az
    1. Hot Rod Veterans

Tucson is HOT..

While you're shovelin' we're cruisin'

18. Jack

Jack
    from Austin Tx

My childhood home of San Angelo Tx sucks monkey nut's ! If any of you have been there i'm sure you would agree. Austin on the other hand rules.

19. Dirty2

Dirty2

If the market was better I would sell .

20. hot rod pro

hot rod pro
    from spring tx.

i like Spring,Tx..cheep to live here,and it has my hot rod shop.

-danny

21. Wrote up one earlier today and posted it just as Ryan shut things down. I'll rewrite
    one later.

22. B'Ham, Alabama, We got Rocco & Cheaters Speed Shop, Im sure most of y'all know what that is, Barber Motorsports Park and Museum, probably the biggest and coolest privately owned motorcycle museum in the world, 'Dega, the NASCAR museum is cool, lot of the old race cars, I could take or leave the new stuff.

23. dmac620

dmac620

Sayreville, NJ: Home of Bon Jovi and a toxic waste Superfund site.

24. Parry Sound Ontario Canada...Hometown of Bobby Orr,Terry Crisp and Gary Sabourin. What else do you do up here in the winter? Its hockey time!

25. Kramer

Kramer

Within a couple of hours drive or less, here in Grants Pass we have Crater Lake National Park, (the deepest and clearest lake in the US) Oregon Caves National Monument, numerous old gold mines, the Oregon Coast, plus much more. Most of the mentioned are best visited in the summer with the top down, or windows opened, with no hurry getting there.

26. oldsman71

oldsman71

pittsburg,kansas this place is a ok place to live there is cruse nights once a month, friday night fun drags at mo-kan most spring and summer, alot of gear heads around to help you out,lots of crusing,close to joplin,mo lots of cars and events there. I can do burnouts all day long if i want within 10 minets from my house,and i have to poeple with hotrods within 1/8 mile from me both directions!!! good fishing, and maybe more things ill wish i put in here later. greetings from pittsburg,kansas!!!!!:D

27. rdstr31

rdstr31
    from Ney, OH

Bryan, OH- voted #33 on the Top 100 Best small towns in America. It's the home of Spangler Candy Co., makers of Dum-Dum Pops, and Ohio Art of Etch-A-Sketch fame.

During the summer months there's a car show around the restored 1880's courthouse on the town square every Thursday, concerts by the City Band in the pavilion on the square every Wednesday.

The Plaza Motel would be a great place to stay once here. It's a motel just like you'd see in the 50's or 60's if you were on a road trip. Once here, drive out to Stoney Ridge Winery for a bottle of excellent local wine, and cruise over to Sauder Village (the ones who make Sauder Furniture) and explore a vintage pioneer town.

Lots to do and see! And I don't have far to drive...!

Attached Files:

28. liljgoneman

liljgoneman
    BANNED

palisade co. home of the palisade peach festival every august and even more important, only about 15 miles down the road from ol' darryl zipp and his zipper motors rod shop!!

29. Orange, CA - In the heart of Orange County (the real one, not where dysfunctional families build ugly Choppers). We have a ton of Hot Rod Shops - Circle City Hot Rods, Altered Engineering, Leonardo's Authentic Hot Rods, Dagal's Rod & Custom, C.W. Moss, Modern Performance (Nova stuff), the Chevy Truck Store, The Chevy Car Store, The Ford Truck Store, Vintiques, Reid's Hot Rod Parts, Chassis builders SAC and Flatout Engineering, All American Hot Rod's etc. Pretty good for a town of 130,000 (small for So Cal). Even Barry White got his start in Orange (but don't hold that against us)
    We've got Angels Stadium and the Anaheim Pond (now called Honda Center) right on our border. The Old Town area has lots of cool old Victorian houses, many over 100 years old (which is old for Cali) and puts on a great car show in the Traffic Circle each April. Old town is even on the National Register of Historic Places and is the largest such district in Cali. We've got a small cruise night on Tuesday's at George's Place, a burger joint. It's only about 15-20 minutes to the Original Donut Derelicts or the Anti Donut Cruise, which ever suits your mood.
    On top of that is only 17 miles to the beach, a half hour to the NHRA museum and Pomona Race Track, about an hour to the Peterson Museum, 40 minutes to Irwindale Speedway, 45 minutes to Fontana Speedway.
    And Jimmy Shine even lives here:cool:

30. M@

M@
    from Altus OK

You should check out Vernon TX Home of Summers Last Blast

www.summerslastblast.com or any part of Oklahoma with Route 66, There is also a little place called Chandler Oklahoma 66 runs through it and just west od the town is a little store called Turks, best sandwiches anywhere also Altus Oklahoma has a cruise first weekend of May every year called Rock & Rumble..