Register now to get rid of these ads!

bp1971's '29 roadster build (part 2)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bp1971, Sep 10, 2011.

1. My dad and I spent the afternoon mocking up the exhaust. I used 2 1/2" tubing and porter mufflers. As you can see from the pictures the mufflers are offset...the drivers side muffler would not fit in the cross member due to the master cylinder. Overall, I think that the exhaust turned out great. I still might move the passenger muffler to the same position as the drivers side.

s[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I plan to finish the exhaust using 2" tubing out the back of the muffler via a reducer.

2. I was less than satisfied with the placement of the passenger side muffler, so I spent a couple of hours this afternoon reworked the exhaust routing and placement of the passenger muffler...much better now.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. 94hoghead

94hoghead

4. My pop and I spent the afternoon plumbing the brakes on the '29. I still need to add tabs to hold the brake line to the frame, but it is mostly done...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Ok, It's been quite some time since I posted last, but working on the car has taken a back seat to family. Anyway, I spent the last couple of weekends finishing up the welds and notching the the front and rear of the frame. On the front I only notched the inside of the frame so the spring would not hit.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]