Register now to get rid of these ads!

Bowling Green Woodstock of Hot rodding

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by carlos, Jun 17, 2012.

1. carlos

carlos
    from ohio

Been Hot roddin bout all my life and the Bowling Green Hot Rod Reunion is absolutely the Best show of American Hot rodding I have ever been to its like going to the 1968 US Nationals got a bunch of pic They dont do this place justice Ausume track .It is a Nice Nice track built on a Kentucky Horse Farm:D

Attached Files:

2. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

3. carlos

carlos
    from ohio

That one pic was Big Daddy Don Gartlits:D

Attached Files:

4. carlos

carlos
    from ohio

Our totor home and some more pic:D

Attached Files:

5. wow i didnt know you take pics lol thanks for postin

6. Rodders

Rodders

wish i could have been there looks like a good time

7. captmullette

captmullette

i just got back, 13 hours on the road, my buddy had the 49 hudson spun on the last round and got runner up, exciting as helll,

8. ardyboy

ardyboy

that Hudson was so sweet

9. billbrown

billbrown
    BANNED

Best weekend of my life.

10. storm king

storm king

Bowling Green is an awesome good time. Certainly the best time east of the Mississippi.
    But really, you just haven't lived until you've made the pilgrimage To Bakersfield.
    March Meet is the granddaddy of them all, but the CHHR is just as good.
    I hate to say it, but it's true. But even if you never get there, Bowling Green Rocks!

11. carlos

carlos
    from ohio

Camera took a shit didnt get the good stuff,Jet egine dragsters at nite,altered nitros at nite race went on till mid-nite with cackle fest gassers everywhere,I just cant describe this place and all :D

Attached Files:

12. carlos

carlos
    from ohio

There was a grey primered 55 gasser 4 speed car outta tenn and man this guy was drivin the shit of it and it was all over the place,I could see him jumpin out of his seat every time he would nail a gear bout half way down the track his back window blew out and he didnt let off:D

13. This was my first HRR and I had a BLAST. I was in the pits with Marty and the Hundley & Boggs crew the whole weekend. Sadly, we had an "issue" during push-start practice on Friday and weren't able to participate in the cacklefest Saturday night. My buddy, Tony won a "Top 50" with his Stickle & Riffle / Rod Shop Anglia. I'm already planning for next year!

Jim

Attached Files:

14. 64Cyclone

64Cyclone

I'm not seeing many drag cars in the pics here in several different threads. Was there not a big turn out?

15. storm king

storm king

The drag pits were pretty well packed, I walked from one end to the other. Funny and fuel classes apreared quite light. I didn't walk all the grounds, but it lookded well attended, not as packed as some years for street rods. Still an awesome event by any measure.

16. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

17. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

I've never seen the pits so packed with cars. They we set up all the way down the track almost to the first turn out.

18. terd ferguson

terd ferguson

I was told they had to turn cars away. Wish there had been more top fuel this year.

19. carlos

carlos
    from ohio

Since it was my first time to the event cant say ifin it was more or less all I know they raced for 3 days,and saturday nite was killer one of my favorites was the Tijauana Taxi 54 corvette and the 40 ford gasser that took out the willys

Attached Files:

20. lrs30

lrs30
    from Kentucky

The Fuel and funny car class was light due to a points race scheduled the same weekend. Well thats what an upitty up NHRA official told me.. I still had a great time. I got to push off Hunt family Farms AA/FD again this year and had a great time doing it. Plus seeing the INDECESION on the track getting shoved off for the first time, and The Hilton Family digger making its first apperance was stellar.. Cannot wait till next year....

21. carlos

carlos
    from ohio

does anyone on here know the guy with the grey primered 55 chevy gasser who lost his back glass I would like to talk to him?