Register now to get rid of these ads!

Bought a 59 Chev Pickup??? Help

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by AcadianKid, Nov 24, 2008.

1. AcadianKid

AcadianKid

Can anyone point me in the right direction on the front suspension. The rear I have. But, I am not at all familiar with the Straight axles. I want to lower it about 5 inches but, the drop axles are pricey. Trust me this is a "budget truck". So, I need "budget lowering." I know I can de arch the leaf but that only gets about 2"or3" inches. Anyone have some ideas??:confused:

2. 100% Matt

100% Matt

Mono leafs with reversed eyes. Im not sure if they are available for Chevy but I have em for my 58 Ford F100

3. PoPo

PoPo

nope..

i went with the drop axle, great stuff but if its outside budget then forget about it. Everything cost $$ for these truck drops.

4. squirrel

squirrel

I've been driving mine stock height for so many years it's not funny. I guess it's not for everyone though.

5. elwood blues

elwood blues

I bought my camaro clip from a junkyard for 135 bucks took a week to prep line up and weld her in but I'm about 4.5-6'' off of the ground from like 13 stock I think a clip or all out frame swap is in my honest opinion the best way to go.

6. S.Sutherland

S.Sutherland
    from Fontana,CA

Dropped Axels the way to go. You can remove leves and discard them although it will ride like ya did just that. I have also heard that you can remove the leaves and place them upside down and bolted to the pack as a means of lowering it as well. Lowrider guys swear by this method, and suggest I employ it regularly. If you're running a V8 you also have to worry about the tierod hitting your oilpan as well. I lowered mine by removing leaves and ended up putting them back. In my opinnion if you don't have the money for the dropped axel all the methods I just recomended are'nt really worth the hassle.
    Good Luck,
    Seth