Register now to get rid of these ads!

Bottomed out after the climactic drags....

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Roothawg, Sep 1, 2003.

1. Roothawg

Roothawg

Man, I have NO motivation after jamming non-stop for 6 months on the fly. I have had a 3 day weekend and done nothing except order tires for the front of the Fly. I hope this doesn't continue.

If this keeps up they will confuse me with Curious Rash.... [​IMG]

2. Radshit

Radshit

I just hope your wife didn't need anything done this weekend on her black primered 59 Chevy........ [​IMG]

3. Roothawg

Roothawg

DOH!!! SEE...........

4. Zor

Zor
    from Phoenix

watch the bead on those new front tires. [​IMG]

5. I'm the same way...been looking for excuses not to go out to the garage. Spent the whole weekend just visiting with rodder friends and BS ing...went on a few good garage crawls this weekend. I MAY go out to the garage and put away my tools from the past few week's thrash.. I dunno, a nap sounds good too.
    I think we need time to recover, Root.

6. Roothawg

Roothawg

I know what I need to do.....I just won't go out there and do it. [​IMG]

7. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

I actually just got back in from doing post-drags maintenance on the '38... I used a little clutch material so it needed adjusting, plugs were completely fouled from all that highway driving - replaced them, valves needed adjusting after looking at 7400 rpm too many times - got them ran, etc... Only thing left I got to do is build a new exhaust bracket after completely torquing the old one on my first pass...

Surprisingly, I'm not all that burnt out... Could use some time away from the 'puter though...

8. I noticed you had a tialpipe hangin weird. Forgot to mention it.

I got a lot done Friday and Sat, took a walk and a nap today. Kind hit my quota on the projects for the weekend. I will go back over to the shop and email some pics to people and get some bonus work done in a bit.

I do know that this is the first time in a week wood smoke actually smells good. [​IMG]

9. Roothawg

Roothawg

I guess most of the problem I have is that I didn't take any time off while working on the Fly. If I would have , we wouldn't have made it.

I gotta get geared up or I'll be jamming on the last minute stuff for the Day of the Drags.

10. CURIOUS RASH

CURIOUS RASH
    Classified's Moderator

<font color="green">ROOT,

You're a TOOL.

RADSHIT,

Don't you start too.
    I know where you live.

Quit all your fricken whining.

I am itching to get into the 41 and figure out my fuel delivery problem.

That thing should have SCREAMED down the track.

70 at the 1/8 and 78 at the 1/4 is NOT what I had in mind.

Instead of being able to work on it, I'm stuck in DALLAS.

Oh well, at least I got to meet a bunch of HAMBers at a great event.

RASHY </font>

11. av8

av8

Root, Rocky -- I hear you about the post-race blahs. It's a big energy drain even when everything is aces, and it's a real bitch when shit breaks or just doesn't come up to expectations.

For me, it looks like the answer lies in doing work only for others for a few years, watching it go out the door never to return. That's what finally kicked me in the ass hard enough to set me in motion on a project of my own. [​IMG]

I don't see you guys takin' that long to get back in harness.

12. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

After being burned out for a number of weeks and not touching the wagon (it sat on blocks for almost 2 months) I have finally gotten my energy back, finally replaced the tranny cooler and took it for a drive... New wipers and AC are coming next..

13. WZ JUNK

WZ JUNK
    from Neosho, MO

I had all kinds of loose ends to tie up last week and I was out of town for the weekend but I got back on track today. I am finishing up a new project. Recently I built a new frame jig to adapt S 10 frames to 48 to 54 Chevy truck sheetmetal and today we placed all the old sheetmetal on the S 10 frame. It fits and it looks like everything is going to work. This project has taken much longer than I had planned but I think it will work better than the Camaro subframe swaps that I have done in the past. The next couple of days I will work on my wife's 54 Chevy sedan and then later on in the week finish up the truck frame. I have to do some more work on my truck as I have the AHRA Reunion and nostalgia drags at MOKAN in about a month and I need to go a little faster.

14. Kustm52

Kustm52

Hey wz junk, how does your s-10 swap handle the steering box? I've got one of those I started several years ago...and the readiator wanted to live right where the steering box was. Front bed mounts (S-10) cut off and swapped side for side makes good front cab mounts....how high are you mounting the cab off of the frame? If you set it right down on the frame it would be really slammed....

Brian

15. Radshit

Radshit

[ QUOTE ]
    AHRA Reunion and nostalgia drags at MOKAN in about a month

[/ QUOTE ]

????? Damn, another day at the drags not to be missed!

I think I want to move to Joplin Mo.......

16. Yeah, this interests me too. I gave my 50 pickup to my ex-boss because I had too many irons in the fire but he hasn't touched it. I may be able to get it back and if there's a cheap/easy way to pop it onto an S-10 chassis. What's the story, WZ junk?

17. Jim Marlett

Jim Marlett

I really enjoy the American Hot Rod Reunion. I like the format. Wichita's reunion is the weekend before the AHRR and Great Bend's nostalgia race is Sept 19 &amp; 20. The 20th at Great Bend will be a Denver Flatheader's race for any flathead fans out there. You may recall that Great Bend was the site of the first NHRA Nationals. But I digress.