Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Borescope buy

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by JOECOOL, Jul 27, 2015.

1. JOECOOL

JOECOOL

I know there are rules on here about linking and no-one admits to buying any chinese crap but I think this is a good enough deal to pass along.
    I ordered a borescope off that auction site no-one likes. I got it Saturday and plugged it in my laptop and it works great. Now heres the best part ,it was $7 including shipping. If I only use it once it will be worth it.
    No it will not do all the things your Snap-on $3000 one will.

2. Gearhead Graphics

Gearhead Graphics
    from Denver Co

Nice.
    I got a 80 dollar HF one. with coupon it was totally reasonable. used it once to find a piece of a broken valve cover in my motor (made it under the intake!)
    totally worth its cost.
    not a ton of functions but sure saved me from pulling the motor apart

3. Well, you sold me. I just bought one. I've needed something like this on many occasions but didn't want to spend the bucks. For that price, I'm in. As you said, if it works once and then shits the bed, it was still worth the money.

4. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

Cheap bastards. I bought the $9 one. Need the extra cable length to do my own colonoscopy. I accidentally swallowed a Stromberg power valve I was testing.

5. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

good stuff Joe, Im in.

6. aaggie

aaggie

Only bad thing about the HF unit is the camera won't fit through a 14MM spark plug hole. Works good for looking for stuff you drop that land in tight places or looking behind the dash for wiring issues.

7. Tn. Trash

Tn. Trash

That`s funny as hell, not right but still funny.

8. Gearhead Graphics

Gearhead Graphics
    from Denver Co

Mine fits down spark plug holes

9. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Interesting, I was looking at one at Costco a while back but for that much difference in price I'd pack the laptop outside to check something. Borescope in the search brings them up and it looks like the cost differences are for the length of the cable.