Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Border Bandits Gas class builds to the Southeast Gassers rules.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by II FUNNY, Nov 5, 2014.

1. Got some work done on the ol ford today. I finished up the patch panels and started adding bracing for the cage to attach to. The raped grape was hanging out scoping out the competition today I think he's getting scared of all the bracing I'm putting in this ol girl so that little small block ford don't tear her in two.

Attached Files:

Pufff, no1nitrofreak and saltflats like this.
  2. beebee78

beebee78
    from illinois

Lol gonna be hard to vanish with all the weight u welded back on??

3. Oh yea forgot to mention I got a name picked out for her "Vanishing Act" and this old girl is gonna need all that extra weight to keep her some what tame. You gotta remember we are dealing with FORD power Art I know its been a few years since we had any fords at the track but you know how well they always ran in "Street cars" wait til you see one on kill mode:eek: and I assure you this one will be.:cool:

OahuEli, 91whitestang and beebee78 like this.
  4. What have all the other Bandits been doing must be holding down some couches haven't seen much progress on here??

30dodgeboy, 91whitestang and beebee78 like this.
  5. beebee78

beebee78
    from illinois

Yea pretty quiet, and they thought my cable was broke? They must be watchin DVR's of they're day time soap operas?? Lol

30dodgeboy likes this.
  6. beebee78

beebee78
    from illinois

I do have a name to add " W "hip lash" kind of has a ring to it?

7. bigslim55

bigslim55

Jeff, looks good so far! Do you plan on removing the front crossmember? My brother kept that on his, but I see you cut off the 2 pieces that went diagonal off it to the frame. Scott kept that on his & made trans crossmember that bolted to the 2 diagonal pieces that went to front. I kinda wish Scott would of cut that out & made crossmember that would bolt to the frame! It would of looked a lot cleaner. Do you plan on setting engine back a lil? I was studying pics, when I look at Scott's 55' at where I'd think outriggers would go for hoop & study pic it appears yours is back a touch? Or maybe it's pic playing tricks! Plus firewall cut out too, so it made me wonder if your setting engine back? I think the metal you added will compensate for removing the radio from dash! Damn that thing weighs a ton! LOL! Jeff It looks good so far, maybe you'll let me come check her out too? I've got like a thousand questions! LOL! Jim...

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

8. beebee78

beebee78
    from illinois

image.jpg Kinda like this for joes 32 ??

9. powrshftr

powrshftr

That's pretty cool Art!

Poor "Speedy Bill"....big ol W on his face....;) lol

Scott

beebee78 likes this.
  10. 91whitestang

91whitestang
    from Wisconsin

Some of us or maybe just myself dont get the whole week of thanksgiving off for work or even just the day after off, i actually have to go to my job to earn that money for this project lol.

beebee78 likes this.
  11. Thanks Jim Yes the motor will be set back 10% of the wheelbase witch comes out to like 11.5". the cross member is just tacked in rite now it can come out anytime I cut it out to soon and was worried the frame would move around if I cut the front off without a cross member holding it in place somewhere so I just tacked it in. the out riggers are in place so the hoop will be rite in line with the post and the front ones are as far forward as they can be and not have to cut the dash much. My original plan was to use the stock floor and firewall just cut it out for the motor to go back but then i decided to go all aluminum floor and firewall to save weight. I am adding more 2x3 in the middle of the rails to build trans mount off and mid plate mounts for the motor and the tin is going to rivet rite to the frame also to save weight on floor bracing. Any time you want to come check it out you are more than welcome to stop by I'm in the garage all the time.

beebee78 likes this.
  12. Yea that guy "raped Grape" that had all week off needed it hes about 2 months behind on his build i thought for sure mine would be a roller before his at the rate he was going :D I on the other hand had to work only had one more day off than you so let the excuses keep rolling I think you might have a little stage fright going on:eek:

13. beebee78

beebee78
    from illinois

If you guys would stay out of the malls and in the garage u might get more done???:D

30dodgeboy and powrshftr like this.
  14. powrshftr

powrshftr

Scott

beebee78 likes this.
  15. II FUNNY

II FUNNY

Or had three other guys babysitting us...:eek:

bd180 likes this.
  16. II FUNNY

II FUNNY

If he names it whiplash...he has to wear this helmet...and put "WHIP IT GOOD" on the tailpan.:eek:

Attached Files:

Mtn Goat, 30dodgeboy and saltflats like this.
  17. beebee78

beebee78
    from illinois

Man kip I left u out but u always seem to keep ripping on me?? Wow lol game on I guess! Did u put Schwinn pedals and gears in to match those oh shit handles u made (not really a shift knob is it??? )

18. beebee78

beebee78
    from illinois

I really think ur a closet 80's fan??

19. II FUNNY

II FUNNY

Quit giving out my secrets Arthur...

beebee78 likes this.
  20. II FUNNY

II FUNNY

Says the guy with the crushed velvet purple driving suit for his "Purple Rain" Chevy II

30dodgeboy and saltflats like this.
  21. You gotta get the matching purple helmet with the bubble face mask!
    Purple Raaahaaaahaaaaiiin!:

22. beebee78

beebee78
    from illinois

Easy there TOMARROWS STEPCHILD !!! Lol

23. bigslim55

bigslim55

Jeff, thanks for invite! I'd love to check this thing out! I'd like to see what you do for trans mount... I'd like to Cut & remove the crossmember & angle pieces on my bros 55'. And run 2x3 like your talking about! Just make it look cleaner! What motor/trans combo are you looking at? SBF with Auto or Stick? Do you plan on running roll cage bars up to front of frame like in the Grapes pic? This 55' should be pretty sick! Jim...

24. beebee78

beebee78
    from illinois

Hey Jim per the southeast gassers rules they have to be stick cars to run they're events.... Jeff's ford should be pretty nasty!!! His garage and workmanship is definitely worth a trip to Beloit !!

25. Whip Lash.., hmmm, not bad, but if i was a fighting man, full of piss and vinegar, i might say something like, "he's gonna get whip lash alright, when I go blowing by him after i give him the move". Im not than kinda guy though, and if he builds this right, our ole fat butt lady may never have enough, so I'm gonna hold my tongue on this one awhile, and see how it goes.

beebee78 likes this.
  26. I relayed your message to the Child, she said "tell Barney I'm gonna smack his raisins, but good for that little remark". I'd go easy man, she's a cranky ole broad, and there's no telling what she'll do to ya if you get her hackles up!

30dodgeboy and beebee78 like this.
  27. Jim it will more than likely be a race gas injected 427 small block and I already have the Jerico to go behind it

Attached Files:

28. bigslim55

bigslim55

Jeff, I think you & Scott"power shifter" should be representing the Blue Oval pretty well! Man just when I thought I upped my game! 427SBF OH MAN!!! I think I seen somewhere they make SBF valve covers that look like the BB FE valve covers. That's going to be sweet! With the S/E Gassers rules, does it matter what you run for stick? 4-5 speed or brand? Jeff what's the plans for steering, you using like a vega steering gearbox or original 55' box?
    Jim...

29. Yea I have always been a ford guy I built a few fox body mustangs before my little coupe still have 2 of them one of them is a project the other is a street car ran 10.40 on 150 shot of spray with a 331 in it. you can run any trans as long as its a clutch shifted stick no clutchless transmissions. probably going to run a vega box

30. Moving rite along got the axle tacked in and set the mock up motor and Trans in to start figuring out mounts and such. Had to set one of my 18" spindle mounts up there for a pic thinking about putting them on my t finally still unsure what to do on the front of the ford for the wheels

Attached Files:

Pufff and Rob_A like this.