Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Border Bandits Gas class builds to the Southeast Gassers rules.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by II FUNNY, Nov 5, 2014.

1. fast30coupe

fast30coupe
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Illinois

Man, can't wait until I get to that point. Looks awesome congratulations. Must be a great feeling. Hurry up and get that trim on there so we have more to drool over.

strokedstang331 likes this.
  2. sonic03bluegt

sonic03bluegt
    from sc

Man, I hate red normally but that car is killer! I liked it before but i think i'm gonna be in love when I finally get to see it with the slick paint and a cammer!

3. Yea I normally wouldn't pick red either but the car just looked good to me red when I bought it so I stuck with it. It does pay to own a body shop though I actually changed both colors on it yesterday morning we had to mix up new colors as I was painting it. It was actually supposed to be more of a orangy red and a cream white. I decided to go with a bright red and bright white and I'm really glad I chenged it.

OahuEli, loudbang, Nitrofreak and 7 others like this.
  4. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Great chose screams vintage
    I am not worthy. Hats off man!!

5. Quain Stott

Quain Stott

Perfect, it's going to be one of the nicest gassers around inside and out.

OahuEli, loudbang, Nitrofreak and 4 others like this.
  6. sonic03bluegt

sonic03bluegt
    from sc

3 weeks til greer! Im pretty sure you could make it with ease!

7. II FUNNY

II FUNNY

I have an engine he can borrow too

sonic03bluegt and Dog_Patch like this.
  8. 1bad32sedan

1bad32sedan
    from Wisconsin

He don't want to slow it down Kip. Putting a bbc boat anchor in it would make it slower than not having a motor in it.

9. II FUNNY

II FUNNY

Nice try pal...how many fords on that popular show with the list?

saltflats and strokedstang331 like this.
  10. II FUNNY

II FUNNY

If I'm honest...that car would be a serious disappointment with anything other than an FE.

11. powrshftr

powrshftr

Google "AV Boys Gray Mare" if you wanna see a real street race car,not promods with licence plates.;)
    He's running pretty much the same drivetrain combo I am...

And I agree,without a Hi Riser,a Tunnel Port,or a Cammer,that would be one gorgeous old Ford,but it wouldn't keep me up nights like it does now....lol
    Once again,nice work.The term "raising the bar" doesn't begin to cover it.

Scott

sonic03bluegt likes this.
  12. II FUNNY

II FUNNY

Street car...and street raced car are two different animals...but I know what you mean.lol

13. 0NE BAD 51 MERC

0NE BAD 51 MERC

Cars are turning out great. Cannot wait for Melt down . Hope to meet a bunch of you guys in person. So if you see a big gray haired bald guy with an eye patch fondeling your cars with his eye , My name is Larry and I am from the Portage-Wisconsin Dells area ! I usually bring a black with flames 62 Chevy 2 and park in the car show area.

14. This weekend I worked on the window's for the ford. Since I couldn't find a lexan front or rear window for it i decided to buy a sheet of lexan and try to make them. I think it turned out pretty good for my first attempt. I made a template out of paper and cut a piece of lexan about 1" big all the way around the pattern. Then we just put the flat piece on the outside of the window and stuck it In a huge oven for powder coating. It took like 300° to get it to form around the glass and when we pulled it out we clamped it on the edges til it cooled. Once that was done I trimmed them to the size of the glass. The rear window came out a little wavy from clamping it but not to bad. The front one we didn't clamp rite away so it didn't leave the marks from the clamps. I also moved the car back home this weekend. The motor was supposed to be done this weekend but we ran into a few problems so now I'm hopefully dynoing it and picking it up on Saturday as long as everything goes as planned.

Attached Files:

Pufff, OahuEli, Mtn Goat and 15 others like this.
  15. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Kicking ass and taking names

loudbang likes this.
  16. loudbang

loudbang

Looks dam good to me.

17. Mikeszcz

Mikeszcz
    from Winona, Mn

Food for thought. You may consider gluing the rear window in along with some sort of fastener (if you haven't already). A friend of mine had a 55 Chevy lose the rear lexan window on the top end of the traps. I don't know what the proper procedure is for installing rear lexan, but I was there to watch it pop out of the car and thought it was worth mentioning. I know his was a similar set up, original window gasket, glass doors, aluminum floor. Not trying to be critical, I love the old Ford! Just sharing an experience.
    Mike

Last edited: Apr 18, 2016
  18. Yea I was worried about it flying out also. We are planning on gluing it in on the final install. When I trimmed the window I made it fit as little as possible so it Fitts extra tight. Only bad thing about it fitting tight is its a pain to get in but when it's in its really hard to get it back out. Thanks for the heads up

loudbang likes this.
  19. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

I think you will be at the end of the strip before it has a chance

20. More motivation to stay out in front you :D

21. Well I'm going to pick up the motor Saturday so I should have dyno numbers so u know what it takes to stay in front :D

Pufff, racer-x, loudbang and 3 others like this.
  23. sonic03bluegt

sonic03bluegt
    from sc

Looks like you've been called out Jeff! Dazed and Confused is my all time favorite movie Tony

24. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

That's the class that I graduated with.

Dog_Patch likes this.
  25. We need a movie screen at Meltdown ;)

26. powrshftr

powrshftr

I think we're gonna have all the entertainment you can imagine,Brother.....lol

27. Movie screen would be great I've never seen that movie it was before my time. I have herd people talk about it but never seen it. might be showing my young age a little on that one lol :eek:

loudbang likes this.
  28. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Nothing wrong with that.

loudbang likes this.
  29. Been working on all the trim lately. I got it all polished and about all on the car now. No good news on the engine it's been nothing but bad news on it the last few weeks. Was supposed to pick it up and dyno it on sat but got a call Thursday night with a huge problem with it and it had to be tore completely back apart. Not gonna go into detail on it but hope to have some good news in the next few days. If I don't get the motor back this weekend I think the southeast gassers Knoxville race will not happen for my car.

Attached Files:

Pufff, OahuEli, Mtn Goat and 8 others like this.
  30. Uncledirty616

Uncledirty616

Man, that thing looks Awesome!!