Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Border Bandits Gas class builds to the Southeast Gassers rules.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by II FUNNY, Nov 5, 2014.

1. 0NE BAD 51 MERC

0NE BAD 51 MERC

Strokedstang331 : I see by your profile page that your co owner of Brothers Auto Body. So she better end up smooth and shiny no matter whether she is a race car or not!! Lol!! Your not only a Ford lover [ Fastest On Race Day!!] but also a member of the Brotherhood of the Gun & Hammer ! Hope to see this little girl finished and in person at Melt down 2016!! Larry formerly of L&L Custom Performance and now of Dark Horse Rod & Custom

2. if you get into a bind I could lend a hand if you need it.

loudbang and strokedstang331 like this.
  3. Yes me and my brother own Brothers Autobody. The car will be smooth and shiny for sure I am being really picky with this one to make it really nice. I took extra time with the metal work so it wouldn't need much filler to also keep the weight down. She will be at the meltdown looking good and running harder than ever. Here are a few pics of its current status not to bad for 3 nights work I only have time to work on it before and after work as the paying customers are first priority.

Attached Files:

Pufff, OahuEli, TFoch and 13 others like this.
  4. 0NE BAD 51 MERC

0NE BAD 51 MERC

Finding time to work on personal projects is always problem. But then as excited as I am about seeing this finished, my problem would be working on a late model Toyota while she sat waiting in the next stall!!! Lol Larry

5. I have been really busting ass on the ol ford. The body work is about 90% finnished. I had to add like 1/4" around a few edges of the doors and front clip. I put a thin short layer on the outside to get it to line up with the front end then took the doors off and filled it in with resin and matting on the back side. Then I put the doors back on and cut the door gap so it's even. The doors or front clip were far from straight as u can see in the pic of it half blocked out. I blocked it all out for the most part and used a thin coat of finishing pudy on the few spots that didn't book out. I have been doing more blocking than anything so I can keep the weight down body filler adds up quick and I don't want the extra weight. I also cut the angle on the hood scoop and started mounting it. I am going to panel bond it to the bottom side of the hood and mold it into the hood on the top so from the outside it looks as though the hood was molded that way. The scoop is made out of red lexan so it will add some color to the white hood. Next weekend I plan on painting the chassis inside the body and cage.

Attached Files:

Pufff, loudbang, Nitrofreak and 11 others like this.
  6. That might be my new favorite car/build! As long as you don't put a Chevy in it!

loudbang and powrshftr like this.
  7. beebee78

beebee78
    from illinois

Nope it's getting a badass cammer!!

8. Definitely not a chevy;)

Attached Files:

Pufff, OahuEli, Higgy's Henry and 6 others like this.
  9. SCHWIIIIIIING!

10. Well I was hoping to have the cage and chassis painted this weekend but ended up having to settle for all in primer. I have been sick since Wednesday so lost a few days worth of work trying to get over this cold. I did get the trim all mounted on the sides and I also had to add a lip on the window edge of the door for the window fuzzy to attach. The hood scoop is all molded in and once I wets and the body for paint will look like it was made thay way from the start. Talked to the engine builder beginning of the week and plan on picking the motor up on the 16th. I hope to have the chassis and body painted next weekend then final assembly can begin. This project is really gonna start to come together in the next few weeks can't wait.

Attached Files:

Pufff, Mtn Goat, TFoch and 11 others like this.
  11. sonic03bluegt

sonic03bluegt
    from sc

So if my math is correct that will leave you 2 weeks or approximately 336hours to get the car finished up and at greer for the first race!

12. 91whitestang

91whitestang
    from Wisconsin

Got some more work done on the 31. Cut and bent some metal to brace the wishbone brackets. Had to make some spacers for the motor mount brackets to mount the motor. Got a transmission crossmember and bracket built to take all the supports off so the motor and trans are mounted. Still have to get mid plate brackets mounted off the bellhousing for more support and strength. Planning on hopefully using the crossmember for ladder bar front bracket mounts.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

1931 ford model a coupe

Attached Files:

13. That's some great progress!

loudbang likes this.
  14. II FUNNY

II FUNNY

I've been getting some of the smaller jobs done...[​IMG]
    Made up the mid plates...

[​IMG]
    Made up some legs for the seats...
    [​IMG]
    The seats are from Holland...I've had race seats, and I'm not a fan...besides I hope to street drive this more than the last two cars.lol

[​IMG]
    Lightened up a battery box I made a long time ago. I also added the shutoff bracket to it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Made up a simple radiator mount that is removable.

[​IMG]

I also made up a chromoly tie rod...

15. ROADSTER1927

ROADSTER1927

Looking great! All the little stuff is what makes it! Gary

sonic03bluegt likes this.
  16. beebee78

beebee78
    from illinois

Those seat mounts look familiar! I had a good teacher !

17. beebee78

beebee78
    from illinois

image.jpeg image.jpeg Skairlane looking good coming along!

18. beebee78

beebee78
    from illinois

image.jpeg This things gonna be sick !!

19. beebee78

beebee78
    from illinois

20. beebee78

beebee78
    from illinois

21. Well after 3 long weeks of hardcover thrashing I am pleased to say we got the Skairlane all painted today. The last 2 days I had a lot of help with wet sanding and taping. 99.9% of the work done to the car was before and after work still have to have money comming in to keep the bills paid. When I set my 3 week goal I wasn't sure it could be done but I completely surprised myself and we got it done. Tomorrow the plan is to get all the suspention put back on it so it's a roller.

Pufff, OahuEli, Mtn Goat and 11 others like this.
  22. Wow!!! That thing is gonna be killer!

23. powrshftr

powrshftr

Jeff:please get the body on the chassis FAST so that we can get a look at some more eye candy!lol!
    I had no idea the car was going to be THIS nice!

You guys have outdone yourselves this time Man!

Scott

24. beebee78

beebee78
    from illinois

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg Sorry guys this all u get for now it's a roller, no more spy photos till Jeff says so........ Lol

Pufff, loudbang, Nitrofreak and 2 others like this.
  25. powrshftr

powrshftr

Aaaaaaaart.....!!!!!!

That's just mean,Brother!

beebee78 likes this.
  26. Ok that was mean but really funny for the 4 guys bench racing and staring at the final product lol. We put the suspention back on it today and put the doors and nese back on and I couldn't be more pleased with the way it turned out. Now just gonna wetsand and buff it out and I'll be taking it back home for the rest of the final assembly. Want to say thanks to my fellow Bandits (My brother Joe,Big E,Art) for all the help this weekend couldn't have gotten it this far along with out the help.

Attached Files:

Pufff, OahuEli, Mtn Goat and 10 others like this.
  27. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

That's enough to slobber on for a bit.
    You are setting a new standard.

28. beebee78

beebee78
    from illinois

Anytime that's what we're here for, we were just as anxious to see this badass car come together this weekend! Can't wait to hear and see this bitch run!!! Gonna be reppin the Border Bandits this summer!

Last edited: Apr 10, 2016
  29. powrshftr

powrshftr

Holy Crap that's pretty.
    It was hard to visualize it like this when it was sitting at the Meltdown last year,all scraggly and forlorn lookin...lol

Nice work guys!:)

Scott

beebee78 and strokedstang331 like this.