Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Border Bandits Gas class builds to the Southeast Gassers rules.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by II FUNNY, Nov 5, 2014.

1. powrshftr

powrshftr

OH HELL YEAH!

I just spoke to Robert on Friday......I'm gonna be a year behind you Jeff,so at Meltdown VII I might have to contract you to be my "Earl Wade" and put the super tune on the ol "Hemi Hunter" (One of the names that's on my short list).

My hat is off to you Brother.Youre not only hitting it outta the park,you're hitting it all the way into somebody else's park and standing on their front lawn yelling "WE'RE HEEEEERE!!!"
    :D

Scott

beebee78 likes this.
  2. beebee78

beebee78
    from illinois

image.jpg Short block is back on the stand and ready to go !!!

bigslim55, 91whitestang, deto and 5 others like this.
  3. Our '56 needs some chromoly "tuning" too Jeff, fat ole hag needs to go on a diet.

4. II FUNNY

II FUNNY

I found a little motivation...
    I got the "Cromer" style traction bars mostly done, and modified a set of ladder bar brackets I got from Jeffery.

Attached Files:

5. II FUNNY

II FUNNY

The bars are 50" on center from mounting hole to hole. The front mount has a steel bushing like Quain built for the Moonlighter. It is a little wider than the bars...this lets you tighten the front bolt and still allows them to pivot. I left the back of the bars long, so I can mount the wheelie bars, when and if it needs them.

Attached Files:

6. II FUNNY

II FUNNY

The wheelie bars are way shorter than they should be, but they look goofy to me if they hang out too far. I'm going to put shocks that connect to the bars and the bumper like Porters 55.

Attached Files:

7. Got a little work done both doors are mounted, put the stock hinges on a diet, rear end is completely welded together, got the center section the otherday, started building wheelie bars and a few other small things done on the car itself

Attached Files:

Pufff, 55belairx2, bigslim55 and 4 others like this.
  8. Also got the block and started mocking it up. This is a really nice piece got nothing but good things to say about Robert Pond Motorsports. I ordered more parts on the never ending list but I'm not sure the car will be running at the meltdown the ETA on the crankshaft is beginning of June so might be cutting it close to get it done by the meltdown but I'm not giving up yet. Either way the car will be there on display worst case.

Attached Files:

Pufff, OahuEli, 55belairx2 and 9 others like this.
  9. glrbird

glrbird

Are those scales under the wheels? Keeping an eye on the lb's. I think you are building my dream car!

10. Yea them are scales under the car. We were trying to get an idea of total weight so I could get the crank ordered. Didn't want it to be to to under cubic inch and didn't want it to be over either. The plan is to be rite at 5.5pounds per cubic inch or a tad under so I am 100% legal to start

11. no1nitrofreak

no1nitrofreak

12. deto

deto

whats displacement and compression on it?

13. beebee78

beebee78
    from illinois

It's a 355 should have around 13:1 compression?

14. I never know what to believe anymore :rolleyes: don't ask don't tell :cool:

powrshftr likes this.
  15. deto

deto

Man, that's gonna sound amazing...

beebee78 likes this.
  16. sonic03bluegt

sonic03bluegt
    from sc

Can't wait to see this thing with a cammer in it!

OahuEli and beebee78 like this.
  17. Made a little progress last few weeks got the motor mounted, rear shock crossmember and rear shocks all mounted. Still have to turn the threads off the shocks so they don't look so modern. Hope to have the steering box mounted and hooked up this week.

Attached Files:

Pufff, OahuEli, tylercrawford and 8 others like this.
  18. deto

deto

What trans and shifter is that?

Its looking killer

19. It's a jerico with a long shifter on it. I am planning on making a new handle for the shifter because that one looks to new looks like it should be in a pro stock car.

Pufff likes this.
  20. Quain Stott

Quain Stott

We call them Star Wars looking Shifters. But your right it looks like it should have Erica Enders painted fingernails wrapped around it.

Rob_A, 91whitestang, beebee78 and 2 others like this.
  21. mjlangley

mjlangley
    from SE MI

Looking good! Thanks for posting all of the pics, it's helping me out with my 56 project!

22. II FUNNY

II FUNNY

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1428280591.479828.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1428280605.389410.jpg
    I actually had some motivation this weekend and finally finished tacking the headers together. I hope to weld them fully soon.

23. powrshftr

powrshftr

Looking pretty mean Kip.Cant wait to see it run this year,no that you've got all the scary squishy parts gone from the rear suspension.

That car should have enough power to disappear real quick.:)

Scott

II FUNNY likes this.
  24. beebee78

beebee78
    from illinois

image.jpg Kip says holes don't weigh nothing so I got bored and drilled a few passenger door done gonna start on the driver side, dropped my heads off Friday when I get them back it's assembly time!

25. powrshftr

powrshftr

That looks freakin killer Art!

beebee78 likes this.
  26. Did you weigh the holes when you finished by chance? Wondering what the payoff is :rolleyes:

powrshftr and II FUNNY like this.
  27. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

I thought he said the holes weigh nothing.
    Sorry

OahuEli, powrshftr and beebee78 like this.
  28. Oh he did say that o_O so the pay off is nothing. :D

29. beebee78

beebee78
    from illinois

They weigh less than they did if they were in there, lol every ounce counts ;)

powrshftr likes this.