Register now to get rid of these ads!

Bonniville questions

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bear39, Aug 10, 2010.

1. bear39

bear39

I know that a lot of people say they are staying at the bend of the road How big is the area ? Also is it still about $75 for the pass? Any restrictions for a quad on the salt? How far to the entrance from the bend (been 25 years since I was there ) ? thanks Bear

2. Dan Warner

Dan Warner
    from so cal

Bend in the road camping area seems to hold a couple thousand people. $40 for the week for the pit pass. I have been going 47 years and do not remember paying $75. Don't use that scalper dude at the truck stop. Lands end is about 2 - 2.5 miles from the bend.

25 years? It is not your father's Speedweek any more.

DW

Last edited: Aug 10, 2010
  3. mtkawboy

mtkawboy

#1 priority is shade, bring a popup canopy & chairs, it gets wicked hot around 11 am. 4 wheeler is OK, food & drink available on the salt but bring water & sunscreen. Nail your canopys legs down with lag bolts & tie short ropes to chairs, wind will come up suddenly and your stuff will be history if youre somewhere else at the time. Learned that the hard way !

4. bear39

bear39

Thanks guys have a popup and chairs plenty of sunscreen and water and the last time 25 years ago four of put together a 53 stude with a merc marine motor for fun. I was told the price had gone up nice to hear it did not as my grandson is coming with me aalso quads are ok????? thanks agian Bear

5. cbndrhsr

cbndrhsr
    from Layton, UT

Can you have a fire at the bend in the road?( In a firepit)

6. speedtool

speedtool
    BANNED

No quads in the pits unless you are on a crew.